Florida Neo-Nazi jailed for littering over leaflets thrown on lawns

Originally published at: Florida Neo-Nazi jailed for littering over leaflets thrown on lawns | Boing Boing

8 Likes

That’s always the product of a Nazi brain: litter.

11 Likes

This summary made it sounds kind of unconstitutional, but the description in the link:

Public Nuisances; Prohibits person from distributing onto private property any material for purpose of intimidating or threatening owner, resident, or invitee; prohibits person from willfully & maliciously harassing, threatening, or intimidating another person based on person’s wearing or displaying of any indicia relating to any religious or ethnic heritage; requires violations be reported as hate crimes; prohibits display or projection of images onto building, structure, or property without permission; prohibits person who willfully enters campus of state university or Florida College System institution for purpose of threatening or intimidating another person from remaining on such campus after being warned to depart.

sounds more threat oriented and more likely to stand.

13 Likes

I always knew litterers were some of the worst people in the world.

12 Likes

Agreed, though this one section seems like it could have used a little more targeted specification for the word “images”.

prohibits display or projection of images onto building, structure, or property without permission

Maybe that should have said “intimidating, harassing, or threatening images” instead of just “images”.

3 Likes

Well it had to be someone, so it might as well be me.

“What were you arrested for, kid?”
And I said “Littering”
And they all moved away from me on the bench, there

6 Likes

I am reminded that Al Capone went to prison for tax evasion.

5 Likes

Does flushing classified government documents down the toilet during a fit of rage count as littering? Definitely occurred in Washington DC. And perhaps also in Florida seeing as that was the room where said documents were stored.

2 Likes

… littering with photons :film_projector:

Happy Turkey Month :turkey:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.