Proud Boys leader arrested

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/05/proud-boys-leader-arrested.html

5 Likes

Lock him up.

(4) A person convicted of possessing a large capacity ammunition feeding device in violation of § 7-2506.01(b) shall be fined no more than the amount set forth in § 22-3571.01, or incarcerated for no more than 3 years, or both

Interesting juxtaposition with Mr Scott. As Fla. director for Latinos for trump Tarrio serves two masters Rick and Donnie.

21 Likes

Once again showing their deep admiration for both western culture and private property by stealing a sign from a church.

31 Likes

Not to mention their professed love for frozen peaches.

22 Likes

The BLM flag was on private property. A house of God.

Petty vandalism of private property is different than the burning of the US flag.

32 Likes

Um, what!?! RTFA and get out of here with that both side bullshit. This is a hate crime and the lawsuit against him is pursuing such charges:

30 Likes

Not only was the BLM flag on private property. It was itself private property.

33 Likes

When you own a flag, you can burn it safely and Johnny Law can’t touch you. When you steal a flag and burn it - you’re a criminal. When you do so to politically intimidate groups based upon race and or religion- you get hate crimes added to the other charges.

It’s really pretty simple.

52 Likes

When it’s not your BLM flag, no.

30 Likes

You would think so, but fascists and their apologists always need the extra explanation (sometimes, as in the case of this violet thief Tarrio, with the help of the law).

23 Likes

I see lawn signs, billboards, bumper-stickers, and protest signs that I would love to smash and burn. But I don’t. Because we live in a civil society which has rules and one of those rules is DON’T DO THAT. Break those rules and there are and should be consequences.

This is why I don’t put signs up in my lawn or bumper stickers on my car (except for my Mass. Audubon and NPR ones which probably give me away as a lib-lib anyway). I don’t need some Trumpster idiot damaging my property. I vote at the polls every time, and thank goodness we won this one.

Vote. Every time. Best weapon against these jack-holes.

22 Likes

See- here’s one happening today. Followed guidelines- didn’t steal or burn someone else’s property etc. Got a permit for the Capital steps- even burning it in a fire safe container.

Though they got got the organizers name wrong - it’s Gene.

https://granthshala.com/usa/event-to-burn-trump-2024-flag-is-listed-on-pa-government-website-surprisingly-thats-not-unusual/

20 Likes

But, but, but… maybe the leader of a white supremacist organization didn’t know an AME church was a mostly Black congregation.
And maybe Dylan Roof didn’t, either.

Note; that’s what Tarrio is claiming. All these defoliated fig trees are really going to put a dent in next year’s crop.

12 Likes

Venting:

Someone in one of my Star Wars sales groups posted a helmet the recently got, and behind it was a black and white banner or blanket that had an “ok” sign with laurels around it, plus a bunch of other shit around it that I had no idea what half of it was. I was like “WTF”. I went to go see if I could find another example it on the internet before ripping this guy a new asshole, but when I came back FB updated and I couldn’t find the post again. Hoping it got nuke. Fucking fucks.

12 Likes

Isn’t the A in AME “African”?

(And even if it wasn’t mostly black, I’d argue burning someone else’s BLM flag/sign/whatever is still potentially a hate crime)

13 Likes

I’m hopeful that the new administration will double down on domestic terrorism as a key point.

16 Likes

TW: Slenderman

Rick Scott is slenderman.

2 Likes

You know how it is. His surname is of Spanish origin- and in the US mostly of Hispanic origin.

He just wants people to know he considers himself white. Under the Latin American standards that it’s not one’s genetic background alone that determines race there - your class also plays into it. Not just the one drop rule.

16 Likes

Except when it benefits the organization to trot him out as a token minority.

“See, we can’t be racist despite all evidence to the contrary! We have a Hispanic!”

16 Likes

Probably a relative of Batista.

7 Likes