Proud Boys leader pleads guilty to burning Black church banner

Originally published at: Proud Boys leader pleads guilty to burning Black church banner | Boing Boing

8 Likes

not only an asshole, but a lying, self-loathing chickenshit asshole on top of that. i was going to say @gracchus if this guy goes to the clink he won’t have friends on either side.

20 Likes

Now let’s see if they find evidence he did know where the banner came from. Perjury. (Apparently not applicable, dammit.)

6 Likes

Rick Scott is a member of the Gentlemen. Prove me wrong!

gentlemen

21 Likes

I have often wondered exactly what would have happened if he wasn’t taken into custody the night before (two nights before?) the insurrection. On the one hand, the insurrectionists likely would have had more centralized leadership and could have been more “successful”; remember, they were seconds away from the entire chain of succession. On the other hand, the lack of core leadership may have muted their abilities, providing a fig leaf for certain members of Congress to act like it was no big deal.

7 Likes

In a weird thing, statements to the court made during this aren’t under oath. They’re just statements to the court. It’s like the opening and closing arguments aren’t evidence.

That said, if he said it in the plea agreement, well…

And I’m not defending the man, because I know him from his bullshit up here in Portland, but the statement was made all along that this arrest was orchestrated to take him out of play for 1/6’s actions. It’s highly possible some FBI agent provocateur brought him the banner to burn, knowing he’d burn it , so he could be arrested and held long enough.

Still is scum of the earth and this is just a start for him. This conviction means he violated stuff up here in portland, so we’ll probably grab him next.

9 Likes

“If I had known that the banner came from a church, it wouldn’t have been burned,” Tarrio told Judge Harold Cushenberry. “I would never consider doing anything to a church myself.”

This piece of shit needs to be delivered to life altering comeuppance, and this ain’t it folks. Another successful training exercise by the Nazis d-bags.

10 Likes

“If I had known that the banner came from a church, it wouldn’t have been burned,” Tarrio told Judge Harold Cushenberry. “I would never consider doing anything to a church myself.”

But he would have been fine if someone else did it :confused:

4 Likes
18 Likes

Seems legit.

7 Likes

He’s the leader of a far-right offshoot, the Proud Gentlemen.

5 Likes

I didn’t realize “thou shall not steal” meant specifically from churches.

6 Likes

The group can’t publicly disavow him because he’s the only thing that provides them deniability for the “Proud Boys = White Supremacists” claim. I’m sure they’re in the market for another self-loathing token POC though.

7 Likes

Rick Scott looks like the evil guy from Poltergeist.

4 Likes

What is this from? I googled it and came up with nothing. Looks freaky enough to be right up my alley.

1 Like

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the TV show, not the movie)

2 Likes
4 Likes

@WHY_NOT it’s from Buffy the Vampire Slayer Gentlemen | Buffyverse Wiki | Fandom

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.