A Belgian farmer accidentally shrunk the country of France when he moved a stone blocking his tractor

That still requires a Franco-Belgian border commission.

I haven’t seen the treaties and laws defining the border, but the reactions from both countries suggest that the border is defined by the position of the marker stone. The people who made that definition are long dead, and there wasn’t a problem for years after.

As for my solution, I don’t think abolishing all nations and borders will be seen as an acceptable option, unfortunately.

7 Likes

Apologies in advance, but this is teed up too perfectly-

Username checks out.

6 Likes

Oblique obelisk reference:

A little known fact is that at many places nobody knows where the Belgian borders are anyway. They were crudely defined in the Treaty of London and afterwards nobody could be bothered to work out the kinks. They mostly follow ancient feudal boundaries that even local historians forgot.

There is even quite a bit of chunk of land at Vaals where Belgium, Germany and The Netherlands border(*) that nobody seems to claim. The Belgians and Dutch are not going to risk a good and fruitful cooperation over a bit of dirt and about the Germans and the Belgian border, least said…

(*Apropos of nothing but… The tourist trap there called Drielandenpunt is arguably the place least worth visiting there within 200km :smiley: )

4 Likes

l’ invasion l’ invasion

Not as bad as trying to make a three point turn on this road:

3 Likes

You will note that these borders, convoluted though they are, are clearly marked :smiley:

More than you think. My Borderer ancestors didn’t respect the border between England and Scotland. It took centuries and the unification of the crowns to control us.

7 Likes

Have the ayn-caps tried to claim it yet?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.