A Black 10-year-old girl with ADHD was handcuffed at school jailed for a sketch she made in response to being bullied

They should start a gofundme for the kid’s art scholarship. Even at a young age, her work gets her point across.

9 Likes

You know, that is an excellent question. One that should probably be raised in front of a judge.

14 Likes

What happened with the other student that made a drawing also? And what about her being bullied?

3 Likes

Maybe. What declension is it in? Could be “fuckwitia” or “fuckwitiae”.

1 Like

Everybody always leaves him out of Greek philosophical history classes :wink:

4 Likes

No clue… maybe this kindly owl can help us figure it out…

duolingo-owl-waiting

10 Likes

It’s clearly an Old English noun based on wit or witt, so the nominative plural as a strong a-stem neuter noun is … the same as the nominative singular.

an fucwit, manig fucwit = “one fuckwit, many fuckwits”.

It does differ in the genitive between singular and plural, so it’s a bit clearer if you say
Stunte rædas fucwites “Stupid opinions of a fuckwit” vs. Stunte rædas fucwita “stupid opinions of fuckwits”.

So according to my analysis, “fuckwit” is declined like “fish” or “sheep”. HTH.

10 Likes

A “cascade” of fuckwits.

If I was a parent in this situation, a non-negotiable part of any settlement would be that the school would have to have a mandatory all-school assembly every year where they tell the kids their rights, discuss this incident specifically, say everything they did wrong and what should have happened instead.

7 Likes

Bouquet of fuckwits
Black hole of fuckwittery
The fuckwit singularity

2 Likes

No need for the /s. America was founded on the 3/5ths compromise to accommodate the enslavement of Africans.

Official racism is as american as baseball and mom’s apple pie and getting TBIs playing football.

6 Likes

The reporting is pretty thin but the most complete article I found is this:

Which does not mention what charges led to the arrest, nor the police version of events. Not even the usual police denials of reality.

The closest I could find was the ACLU letter which states:

And finally, they arrested N.B. under the pretense that a drawing by a bunch of children constituted a credible threat requiring immediate police intervention, when, in fact, HPD actually arrested N.B. because they thought the scared child was not taking their unjustified investigation seriously enough.

So apparently the drawing was interpreted as a threat of physical harm and that was the pretense for the arrest. I can see why the ACLU is not focussing on that harm as much as the other harms caused by the officers. But that element is important because exaggerating threats is the primary mechanism of the school to jail pipeline.

14 Likes

That the cops can’t articulate a charge or crime should get them all automatically fired and blacklisted from any job at all, since they’re criminal kidnappers.

Making an arrest with no charges or probable cause is kidnapping, full stop.

Cops who kidnap should have that tattooed all over their face. “Child kidnapper”

17 Likes

Agreed but the ACLU seems to think they articulated the crime of threatening assault so that doesn’t apply here?

It appears that’s not why they arrested and kidnapped the girl. That’s why the police were called into question.

They appear to have kidnapped the girl because she “wasn’t taking their questioning seriously” after several hours.

Nope. All the ACLU has to say on that front is that the cops handcuffed, arrested put N B in a squad car and took her away from the school. In front of her teachers and peers.

I see no articulated reasoning from the cops or the ACLU. So it looks like the cops kidnapped N B while coodinating to detain her mother and prevent her from defending her daughter.

Perhaps hanging these cops in the public square would be a good example of what we should do to child kidnappers. Or maybe tattooing their faces with what they did. Then we might have a chance at them not hopping precincts to get re-hired as government backed gang members.

6 Likes

What leads you to believe the police didn’t articulate that crime? Surely they didn’t write “not taking the police srsly” on the arrest report right?

She’s a 10 year old little kid, she’s been bullied, thinking like a 10 year she responds perhaps showing her anger or fear. That’s pretty normal kid stuff. And it should have stayed at the level of kid stuff without thin skinned adults being drug in to make things far worse. Maybe the bullied kid felt threatened, that’s ok, maybe they will be less likely to be a bully in the future. Bullies being cowards though this one ran to it’s mommy and said this kid I offended is trying to get even. So mommy jumps in and with the help of the idiot school now both kids get fucked up. N B, the original victim realizes she is not safe from adults and the bully gets permission to continue being a bully… Great work school folks! Great work mama bully. I’m sorry N B, you really deserved a much better response. It sounds like your Mom has good sense so hopefully it will work out for you.

11 Likes

No, they’d probably just say “belligerent, resisting arrest” like what cops do for most black people they’re putting into the prison industrial complex.

Cops lie all the time. They only have articulable reasoning after the fact, and often not even then. Cops can never be trusted.

12 Likes

So you’re talking about your [ETA: general] experiences with police rather than any reporting on this case. Fair enough.

1 Like

Nope. I’m talking about what millions of black people experience every day.

The police specifically target racial minorities, and denying that makes you look like a fool at best, but we all know people who deny that are really just happy black people get fucked over by cops more than white people.

I’d like to think well of you and assume you’re here in good faith, but it is very difficult.

You don’t have to be a cop apologist. Nobody’s paying you. We all saw what they do to protestors. Do you think they’d leave you alone if you were protesting for something you cared about? Or are you satisfied and happy with the current status quo?

10 Likes

Just trying to understand the few and far between facts in this case. Usually when people say (as you did) that cops can’t articulate a charge they mean that the cops haven’t articulated a charge. I was trying to understand how you knew they hadn’t articulated a charge.

I’m genuinely interested to hear if there is a better wording to not make me come off as a trogolodyte and cop apologist.