A book made from shelf-stable American cheese slices

Let’s just hope that cheesy identity politics isn’t embraced by the far right, then.

Oh shit.
It has already, hasn’t it? My cheese, right or wrong, you smell so strong, I made a song?
Do not dilute our culture’s bacterial cultures with foreign mould?

Oh my. I probably may never eat DOP and AOC cheese again without a yuck.

4 Likes

They’re on their way:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Cheddar Goblin approves

You would be absolutely correct.
Also in the same vein, the French predilection for eating small amphibians led directly to us, in turn, calling the French “cheese-eating surrender monkeys” but something may have been lost in the translation.

2 Likes

It’s because (like most of our regional foods) we’ve managed over the course of about two (maybe three) generations to not only get rid of but also completely forget most of the many varieties of cheese we used to make.

And being British, we still have to claim that we are Great™ so the cheese we still have must be the best cheese, otherwise the other cheeses wouldn’t have gone by the (cheese-)board.

There’s a bit of a revival attempt made every now and again by “artisanal” cheesemakers but we all know that just means city boys (and girls) who couldn’t hack it in the city deciding to therapy their breakdown with a hobby and being constitutionally unable to not try and turn it into a business. (slightly /s)

2 Likes

Emergency Silly String.

2 Likes

@Melizmatic @FGD135

Easy Cheese was a staple at my grandparent’s house. There’s nothing good that can be said of it. 1000 times no.

1 Like

I haven’t yet found a cheese I don’t like.

1 Like

Tried Brunost? I found it revolting.

I have not

Fancy some Casu marzu?

1 Like

Haven’t come across it yet. Doesn’t look terribly appetising though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.