A book made from shelf-stable American cheese slices

I do not like this very much

7 Likes

MACGA (?)

If our president doesn’t use 'em (complete sentences), what do I need 'em for, elitist lib-tard?

1 Like

I have to admit to liking American Cheese. I grew up on it.

Yes, it is yellow-colored rubber, but it’s yellow rubber that makes good eatin’.

4 Likes

Exactly, and this is just “eh” bookbinding. Though, on second thought, they probably glued the plastic into the binding, which is even more eh. I guess that’s what’s being delivered here, eh cheese in an eh binding, so, 100% cheese? Blech.

That guy is right, people talk about this thing he spent 200 bucks on, it’s just not worth the words.

1 Like

The Beneski Museum at Amherst College has a Track Book, where layers of slate with dinosaur footprints were bound as a book using iron, so you can turn the slate pages and see more layers of tracks. These folks outdid themselves on this “bookbinding”:

Great little museum btw, solid collection of dinosaur trackways collected locally:

https://www.amherst.edu/museums/naturalhistory

4 Likes

0% cheese if you read the ingredients.

4 Likes

Lol, cheese product, even better!

Yeah… by not eating it.

American cheese is nasty, but the grand prize for American dairy innovation has to go to Easy Cheese, an allegedly edible pseudoplastic material containing at least 20% milk proteins and having 0% in common with actual cheese.

‘Murica!! Fuck yeah!

5 Likes

20 Slices? Rather bland.

I hope he’ll sequel with On Curdson Way - or at least a reworking of The Roquefort Files.

5 Likes

Cheddar cheese is the second ingredient in Kraft Singles, so more than 0%. Ingredients are also reported in order of weight.

3 Likes

So here’s the record in WorldCat:

http://www.worldcat.org/title/american-cheese-20-slices-ben-denzer/oclc/1049986747

I’m quite surprised that it’s listed as a book. Personally I would have cataloged it as a piece of art, and not as text. But that’s debatable, obviously.

3 Likes

Meh. Pretty cool, I guess, but I feel like the author missed an opportunity. The cheese should be green and there should be an article about the moon screen printed on the slices. The title should be “Green Cheese - A Book About the Mooon”.

1 Like

Orange, tasteless, classless, yet mysteriously celebrated by some for it’s offensive flavor which is mistaken as “honest” as opposed to European varieties, despite being composed entirely of overt lies…sounds disconcertingly American right about now…

3 Likes

3 Likes

Volume II, the Udder Book

3 Likes

I’m really curious about that shelf-stable claim. According to the artist’s description, this seems to be normal Kraft American Singles. Doesn’t this stuff mold or spoil if you leave it out?

But from the article:

“We won’t be storing the cheese book in the fridge; according to our head of conservation, American singles are basically shelf stable.”

This kind of boggles my mind.

2 Likes

I recall reading somewhere that “Rosbif” was a French epithet for the English in the 15th century, on the basis that English people didn’t eat anything else.

2 Likes

Only him?

2 Likes