A Brazilian woman used fake psychics to steal over $150 million in art from her mother

Originally published at: A Brazilian woman used fake psychics to steal over $150 million in art from her mother | Boing Boing

1 Like

The supposed clairvoyants were unable to predict the arrival of the police. Last week, the last members of the gang on the loose were arrested by the police. Mrs Stanesco and her father claimed they were facing threats in jail and were transferred to a safer sector to maintain your physical integrity.

This should answer this question from BoingBoing…

4 Likes

7 Likes

Seriously, you don’t ever have to put the word “fake” in front of the word “psychic”. It’s like saying “they went swimming in wet water.”

8 Likes

All told, the suspects stole 16 paintings and sculptures,

and

$142 million (724 million reais) worth of artwork, jewelry and money,

A hell of a lot of money and jewellery, or some very expensive (multi-million dollar a piece) bits of artwork. Probably a bit of both, but these artworks must have been serious pieces at those prices.

3 Likes

Netflix will be all over this like white on rice.

2 Likes

To be fair, in the end, they weren’t wrong? I mean they turned a young woman against her own mother… That would be the dramatic irony in my movie version at least…

2 Likes
1 Like

She should have splurged on real psychics.

4 Likes

Exactly.

"A Brazilian woman used fake psychics… " as opposed to “real” ones?

3 Likes

At first glance, I thought the headline said “fake physics”. My mind went to, she floated the paintings away with an anti-gravity machine?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.