Palm reader arrested for scamming $71,000 to banish demon from victim's daughter

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/03/palm-reader-arrested-for-scamm.html

2 Likes

“No, no… I said I wanted an exorcist, not an extortionist.

46 Likes

Next Secretary of Health and Human Services?

20 Likes

But by that convoluted argument, every dollar collected by a psychic or fortune teller qualifies as fraud…

9 Likes

Separated at birth?

5 Likes

To be fair- they couldn’t find a demon in the kid when she was done.

41 Likes

… convinced the victim that her daughter was possessed by a demon, and that cash and household items were needed in order to banish the spirit from her daughter.

… is charged with six counts of obtaining property over $250 by trick, attempt to commit a crime, criminal harassment, larceny over $1,200

And yet Robert Tilton walks free.

34 Likes

I’m going on record as saying this lady, if her name is Milanovich, looks awfully like a scammer I’d encountered back in Austin a few years back. The only seeming difference is the eyebrows, if she’s stopped trying to do them herself. The resemblance is uncanny.

She only got me for about $150, and a few incidentals, so at least it’s not $71k.

17 Likes
5 Likes

But…if they send her to jail the demon will just come back…

/s

3 Likes

I would argue that it is fraud.

2 Likes

She should have called it religion.

15 Likes

But she’s a WITCH!

witch

4 Likes

I thank her for her service. That’s 71k that didn’t go into a church’s agenda; it’s 71k less for a rotten politician’s campaign; it’s 71k fewer dollars funneled from lottery tickets straight into the local police state.

5 Likes

Health care costs in this country are out of control. Was she in network?

10 Likes

In this trial, would the demon’s lawyer be playing devil’s advocate, as well?

12 Likes

Psychic my ass. She didn’t see the arrest coming.

13 Likes

This never gets old:

4 Likes

Their lunch:

index

3 Likes

Seeing as how it is fraud, I consider it a point in favor of the argument.