Palm reader arrested for scamming $71,000 to banish demon from victim's daughter

“If you give me money I will make the demon go away.”

“Is that true?”

NARRATOR: It was not

6 Likes
2 Likes

You must have faith that she is in network.

2 Likes

wait, they charged her with Fake Witchcraft? Was the law protecting the guild of witches, and has since been repealed? Is it now legal to practice Fake Witchcraft? What about real witchcraft?

(No, I surely did NOT read the linked article)

2 Likes

$150? So you’ve still got the demon then.

6 Likes

Reading the fine print from the original source, it seems that there was fraud and taking advantage of the client. However, a chunk of the 71K might be robbery. She was probably allowed into their residency and picked up some stuff.

Must be a jurisdiction thing… https://wiccasupplies.ca/

The charges were amended to fraud, and then dropped.

1 Like

Bah, blessing scam skip the daughter and outright blames the money as the source of all evil.

The state got its cut…

1 Like

So what separates this from other sanctioned religions keeping away the devil for money? They seem equally valid but we grant one tax breaks and incarcerate the other.

3 Likes

I don’t recall any fortune teller ever asking for more than a quarter.

1 Like

So why is this illegal when Scientology’s “pay us lots of money so you can exorcise your haunted space aliens” scam is legal?

6 Likes

Scale.

12 Likes

How much did the demon get?

You do know that those eyebrows are alien parasites controlling her brain, right?

1 Like

In France, scientology is regarded as a scam, while more established practices are not.

1 Like

Gig jobs for demons, the pay is hell.

1 Like

Great! Now how about we arrest Joel Osteen and his ilk.

1 Like

sounds like a violation of free speech to me, if the megachurch pastors can grift so can small, artisanal religious organizations

1 Like