A brief history of chartreuse furniture

Make it the infrared-reflective friend-or-foe ones.

Todo: try if they can be made from a retroreflective road-safety foil and black marker ink that’s near-IR transparent.

1 Like

The only thing that comes to mind when I see this is: “where’d I put the remote?”

4 Likes

Upper left pocket, far right side. Always

2 Likes

The remote should be painted fluorescent orange. That’s why the less important objects have to be in subdued, “quiet” colors - so the important objects can properly stand out.

1 Like

Nah. I don’t like my remote to stand out that much. if it’s prone to moving around, Velcro or a 5mm diameter keeper cord.

2 Likes

Don’t know how tactical it really is, but I’d love one of these and/or the matching sofa. I guess I could make one, or get @japhroaig to make me one…

Don’t know about chartreuse but my parents had the oh so 70s avocado bathroom set for years and years.

3 Likes

Makes me think of the 1970’s bad green that our kitchen was decorated in.

Was it Retro, or Stylish, or just Fricken Awful? We decided it was the last one.

1 Like

A good and comfortable chair in a similar style can be made from a car seat. Such seats are adjustable in several ways. The construction to put them on can be made from a few steel rails, bolted or welded together. I used such one for a decade or more. Was built to move back and forth on a pair of rails; cast-iron pulleys used as wheels, and L-profiles laid on the floor acted as the rails; the U-shaped groove in the pulleys nicely straddled the center of the L, its sides were touching the floor.

1 Like

That’s me. I’d heard the color mentioned probably several times a year my whole adult life, but could never quite be arsed to put in the effort of looking it up.

“Tennis ball yellow” would have been far down my list of guesses.

3 Likes

… getting Rob Liefeld to draw it.

http://doctortheopolis.kinja.com/the-top-10-things-mutants-kept-in-their-liefeld-pouches-1708800433

You know what? Even if this dude weren’t Quadzilla there’s no way he’d be able to put his legs together with all those pouches and garters and whateverthefucks. Jesus, look how high up that one band around his leg is. What purpose could that possibly serve? His pants are so uncomfortably tight that his groin is puckering into some sort of overachieving asterisk. His belt is juuuuuuuust under his nipples. The real capper, though, is the kneepads. What the fuck must go through Liefeld’s head when he’s drawing a character? “Yep, crew cut, I’ll put Boba Fett’s rocket on his back. Hmm, oh, GOTTA go with the metal shoulderpads and enormous Run-DMC gold rope chain. Okay, belt…uh…pouchespouchespouchespouchespouchespouches leg things, oh, KNEEEEEEPADSSSSSS yessss.” In conclusion, I hate Rob Liefeld and he should be thrown in a well.

2 Likes

Great!

Your right, or my right?

1 Like

Are you facing the couch or sitting on it? Should I have used port and starboard instead? Agh, this isn’t the darn question thread. What am I doing?

3 Likes

Questioning your existence?

1 Like

Well, at least I know where the remote is.

2 Likes

Maybe people are thinking of fuchsia. I used to always confuse the names of fuchsia and chartreuse. Because both are intense shades of color not that commonly used, both names are hard to spell, and they sound vaguely similar. I knew the name was one or the other, but never could remember which was which (until I finally made myself learn it. Still can’t spell fuchsia without looking it up, though.)

Fuchsia
Color
Fuchsia is a vivid purplish red color, named after the flower of the fuchsia plant, which took its name from the 16th century German botanist Leonhart Fuchs. Wikipedia

3 Likes

That one, at least, I remember, since my mother always had fuchsia plants in our backyard.

1 Like

Tell me you don’t have an … avocado bathroom?

6 Likes

Ah yes, I think you’re on to something. Like others said, I knew the word ‘chartreuse’ but didn’t know what color it referred to. For some reason I thought the word ‘chartreuse’ sounded ‘pink’. Your explanation makes total sense.

1 Like

I’ve never had Aperol, but IMO that orange-red looks a lot better tasting than the green shades!

2 Likes

Absinth isn’t that bad! :stuck_out_tongue:
…neither is the peppermint liqueur, lovingly called here Wrath of Frogs.

1 Like