Pantone alignment chart

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/15/pantone-alignment-chart.html

2 Likes

sorry to nitpick but you left off an acute accent - it should be “couché.”

1 Like

Pantone 271. Always my choice of color and alignment.

3 Likes

Previously:

Thanks Rob, this restores the balance to the blog. Mark posted an alignment chart the other day and I thought what’s next: Xeni posting about Orwellian licencing restrictions? Pescovitz posting about cigar-box guitars?

1 Like

Comic Sans Bold???

2 Likes

Ah yes, I’ve seen this chaotic evil Opaque Couche before. Just about every Wednesday morning after a Taco Tuesday night.

1 Like

no cornflower blue?

5 Likes

I’ve never seen mac and cheeze that looked quite that orange. Even with velveeta formula.

Also, I don’t understand what’s evil about opaque couche. Looks like a servicable brown to me.

1 Like

I used to have an Austin Ambassador (The Ambastador as it was known) in that horrid green. Can confirm.

4 Likes

Obligatory “Voulez-vous opaque couché avec moi, ce soir?” joke.
(I’m sorry.)

4 Likes

Violet & black have no alignment? I can understand the lack of gray.

VAG Rounded, the classic Volkswagen house typeface.

Confusing it for Comic Sans is certainly evil, and probably chaotic to boot.

4 Likes

Touche  

2 Likes

I think “Garfield Orange” fits better for the color and the alignment.

2 Likes

Color spaces, man.

If you thought that a freshman philosophy major expounding on the ‘intersubjectivity’ of ethics was bad; assigning moral alignments to things that exist only within the contexts of their respective color space(s) is way, way, worse.

All the subjectivity; substantially more math and expensive instruments.

What if mac and cheese only fails to look that orange in, like, your color space, man?

(edit: this phenomenon is also responsible for the notorious ‘CMYK’ defense; and the reason why only Texas is willing to execute people capable of less than 60% of the NTSC gamut.)

4 Likes

I’ve seen occasional Kraft knock-off powdered cheese-flavored product get pretty close on occasion. Still, it’s definitely closer to “shiny new traffic cone” than “mac and cheese” on the orange scale.

2 Likes

this chart makes absolutely no sense to me, but ok.

3 Likes

I’ve used PMS 448 (the Opaque Couché above) as gold accents - in certain contexts it works perfectly.

2 Likes

I’m fascinated to know how “opaque couche” got its name and what it was intended to mean.

My first thought was that “couche” means “diaper” in French, so that seems fairly apt, but according to Google Translate that word also means several other things including “couch”, “coat”, “evening”, “film”, and “layer”.

1 Like