A candle that smells like Chinese takeout

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/08/a-candle-that-smells-like-chin.html

4 Likes

$24.95 divided by 80 hours is $.311875 per hour so this will be far better value per hour than actual food.

Except, of course, nutrition.

But with all the BB diet-specific articles lately, I’m not sure what the BB writers are eating anymore so maybe the candle is a good option.

4 Likes

‘Spend less on candles.’ ‘No’

1 Like

OR get an indoor herb garden?

2 Likes

That is $.311875 per hour that I’ll be saving not pretending to eat Chinese food, though I will continue wishing that I were doing so.

1 Like

MSG or no MSG?

7 Likes

The very first time I cooked with sesame oil, I was amazed. “Chinese food! It smells like Chinese food!”

5 Likes

Cut a thin slice of fresh ginger. Toss in a pot of gently boiling water. Or use some cinnamon stick. Or both.

3 Likes

I like the can, though. It’s kinda cute!

3 Likes

INB4 an hour after burning this you want to burn another one. //sorry

6 Likes

Each hour that I spend smelling Chinese food increases the chances that I will order Chinese food, so the economics of this candle don’t work.

6 Likes

This will really help with getting the cathartic crying started after the apocalypse.

Though if any restaurants are likely to survive an apocalypse, it will likely be Chinese takeout.

2 Likes

Does it make you want to relight it an hour later?

Soy-based candle?

1 Like

I LIKE MSG! I used to eat it raw as a kid (yes, I was weird). It’s good to know now that MSG is not as problematic as has been thought.

1 Like

This is how I make iced tea.

1 Like

jewish christmas candle?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.