A Carnival cruise ship hit another Carnival cruise ship and narrowly missed a third

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/23/a-carnival-cruise-ship-hit-ano.html

2 Likes

But how many of the ships had diarrhea laden passengers? Big mean media never looks on the bright side

2 Likes

Those things don’t come with backup cameras?

12 Likes

The do’s and don’ts of parking hotels.

11 Likes

No joking, we know someone on one of the ships (the one that got hit, I believe?). I saw a post about it at least a couple of hours before I saw it online…

9 Likes

46 Likes
17 Likes

I am king of the wo…ooaahh

10 Likes

So I should have been a cruise ship captain! I am so qualified, like the time I forgot to reinstall the drain plug before I launch. Or the time I let a friend skipper while I wrestled with the ski ropes… she gunned it and nearly took off my right leg just below the knee with a nylon line! Or the time, actually nevermind, those two should be plenty to get me hired by a cruise ship line :wink:

6 Likes

Fighting over a parking space just got real, in a huge way.

4 Likes

It’s all fun and games until someone takes a ship out.

2 Likes

giphy-1

13 Likes

18 Likes

That’ll buff out.

12 Likes

ezgif.com-gif-maker

12 Likes

2 Likes

You win again gravity!

1 Like

Just FYI, there’s a nautical term “allision” which is an impact of a moving vessel upon a stationary object or ship. Different than a collision between two moving vessels. It makes a big, big difference in admiralty law as whether or not something had the right to be in a place to hinder navigation.

The Cosco Busan, which hit the Bay Bridge a few years back, was an allision, for instance.

5 Likes

ezgif.com-gif-maker (4)

4 Likes

8 Likes