A cereal bowl that amplifies the "snap, crackle, and pop" of your Rice Krispies

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/29/a-cereal-bowl-that-amplifies-t.html

3 Likes

This is nightmare fuel.

2 Likes

(put me on Team Dream)

3 Likes

Thanks for dropping the “Freedom Rock” reference Rusty!

Good times.

6 Likes

A more elegant solution would be a non-electronic bowl shaped so as to function as an acoustic amplifier. I’m sure it could be done with some careful design.

7 Likes

I def recommend watching this short documentary on Dominic and his work. It’s really lovely:

6 Likes

This would work for a bowl of baked beans (with a small adjustment of the microphone location).

1 Like

Now all I can think about this Carlin:
https://genius.com/George-carlin-rice-krispies-lyrics

3 Likes

I may not know art, but I know my cereal doesn’t need a megaphone.

The guy has a fun mind, though. I’m impressed.

2 Likes

I want a “where are they now?” for the guys in that commercial

3 Likes

“Perry died of cancer in 1995. Beard is in Japan and performing with cover band Flashback and has seen more than one Hippie #1 costume while overseas. In 2013, New Hampshire band Rippin’ E Brakes asked Beard to reprise the role to help promote a Kickstarter campaign for their debut album. Turn it on, man.”

6 Likes

@Akimbo_NOT’s real-life version aside, the actual updated commercial would feature a couple of smug, wealthy California Boomers in designer chinos and shirts and $200 haircuts, sitting by the pool of a Topanga Canyon mansion and still droning on about how their generation saved the world in the '60s, while Malibu burns in the background.

The capper is when some teenagers walk by with rap music blaring from a Bluetooth speaker and these two yell “Turn it down, man! And get off our lawn before we call the cops!”

4 Likes

Quite the picture. :smile:

3 Likes

YES. That’s great!

3 Likes

Ahem…I think you mean organic, fair-trade, Whole Foods brand Rice Crispies ($12/box). Authenticity costs, ma-a-a-an.

2 Likes

Yes, but is it dishwasher safe?

6 Likes

This may be the coolest thing ever. :slight_smile:

I disagree. Your cereal most certainly needs a megaphone.

1 Like

Has my cereal been talking to you behind my back? Sneaky brekkie.

1 Like

Thanks! Interesting watch.