A clever way around high school reunion small talk

A round number this year, but I strongly doubt someone will contact me. The last round one, I could easily skip. Different continents, sorry. This year, I’d be surprised if whoever organises this even bothers to contact me.
I’m not on Facebook, nor LinkedIn, and my Xing profile is dead. I do have a ResearchGate profile. But I don’t think they will use this.

Funny enough, I should, in principle, be the person who organises this reunion: for some reason which still elopes me, I got to be the year’s spokesperson during graduation. I was even the one who was supposed to give a speech. Well, I gave one, and I think half of the room hated me afterwards, the rest was preoccupied or drunk. (However, I still get a rush of heat to the head when I think of it, for some reason. Not regrets, but something like social shame?)

Aside from a nagging curiosity what the hell some of the people made out of their potential, and if the others really kept on their extremely straight and utterly boring path, nothing of interest can come out of this year’s reunion. A flip book like this would be too much of an effort, indeed.

Also, I wonder if there’s not an app for that. :wink:

1 Like

I see what you’re getting at, but throwing out an amusing anecdote or two in casual conversation is hardly equivalent to going and carrying your tools to a jobsite and working by yourself to solve someone else’s problem. It just requires a tiny bit of grace and generosity, which this guy doesn’t possess.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.