A college student thinks she hears a ghost, but it turns out to be a gentleman hiding in her closet

I guess becoming the new commander didn’t pan out for Riff Raff.

5 Likes

Happens quite a bit at College towns. Some one is drunk and on “AutoPilot” and either goes to the next house over or to the house they were in last year.
Happened to my sister when she came home to passed out college student on her sofa.

2 Likes

He was living in her closet, he didn’t stumble in accidentally. He had her clothes on. This is something else entirely.

20 Likes

The policy is a bit over-broad IMHO. I’d say this guy likely doesn’t need jail (nor would it help him in the least), he needs a full time custodian. He’s probably little danger to anybody, but is impulsive and lacking sufficient facilities to take care of himself alone. Unfortunately, he could possibly become dangerous if frightened and attacked, like if this young lady had started hitting and screaming at him as would have been a totally reasonable response to finding a grown man hiding in your bedroom closet.

The very behavior that people in this thread found odd probably made a lot of sense in context and was absolutely the right thing to do. Except for the part where she thought it was ghosts of course.

3 Likes

So did you end up buying the house?

3 Likes

I was replying to someone in the thread that had a similar problem.

Sure, but they were talking about how the guy might have gotten in, it seems. My point was that this just wasn’t a case of someone drunkenly getting the wrong door. That can certainly be explained away as a mistake… although still scary. This dude was living in her closet… jacks the creep factor up to 1000 or so!

6 Likes

Between the squatters, termites and a bad case of black mold we passed. Which really stunk. The squatters ended up spray painting pentagrams and threatening messages all over the house and breaking out windows to drive people away. But it did get bought this past year. It’s being renovated right now. I’m really curious to see what happens to it.

8 Likes

Someone I went to UNCG with posted on FB that this guy stole her wallet when we were students there, back in the mid-2000s. If she’s right then he would have been in his late teens back then.

I would just like to add that the guy has an intense combover.

2 Likes

Reminds me of this: https://jezebel.com/10-scary-stories-to-fuck-you-up-at-night-1819882791 (A Little Hole in the Wall by 4000ofthem)
https://jezebel.com/1819447641

I really think an Ann Perkins gif would have been closer to the mark.

5 Likes

Imagine if it had been just some regular old creep instead of a gentleman. That would have been creepy af.

1 Like

Who’s that great actor from
the 80’s+
(portrayed Charlie Chaplin)
who had substance abuse
“issues”
and was actually jailed for
crashing on a couch…
(which wasn’t in his house!)
At the time, I thought his punishment
was of the “let’s make him an Example…”
tough-love crowd.

1 Like

I think it was Robert Downey Jr., but I’m not 100% sure. Sounds like him, he used to party pretty hard back then.

2 Likes

Yes! As soon as I saw
“Robert…”
Great Actor, but…
Hey, it was the 80’s!

1 Like

Whatever happened to him?

4 Likes

Hhmmm…
since I couldn’t even remember
his name,
I’m assuming…
Not Much!
Haha

2 Likes

although he is obviously only a single bad psychiatric session away from becoming desperately random in his actions and making a woman suit to dance around his smelly dank underground lair in, I still also feel sort of bad for someone whose psychological aberrations are not being treated.

At least he had the good manners to put some clothes on. Credit where credit’s due.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.