A Completely OT question for my typeface-nerd friends

Oh I see! :smile: (I work in gpl stuff too much of the day,sometimes I forget about important nuances like that)

Whatā€™s Full House?

3 Likes

You donā€™t wanna know, dude.

4 Likes

Would you have to pay a licensing fee to make a logo based on an existing font as long as you paid for the font itself? Thatā€™s not generally the case for print or identity design but Iā€™m not as familiar with the rules for broadcast.

Itā€™s a sitcom set in a kinder, simpler time when television audiences could actually buy the premise of a family affording a house in San Francisco on just three full-time incomes.

5 Likes

I dunnoā€¦ Iā€™m genuinely curious about that. But if it was a custom-made image, I have no doubt that WB owns it completely.

I just wouldnā€™t want to risk someone coming out of the woodwork down the road, looking for recompense. I think broadcast rules more-or-less mirror what you describe, but IANAL and our clearance department would hasten to remind me of that fact.

1 Like

I may have to hang that definition in the production office. Jesus, Spore, why ainā€™t you writing for this show?

Our scripts desperately need you!

3 Likes

Well it did make Bob Sagetā€™s bit in The Aristocrats so so so much funnier.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 548 days. New replies are no longer allowed.