A Continuing Roundup of Nickelback Events

Does the name “Nickleback” mean something? Is it a sportsball thing, or sportsball adjacent like curling or motorcycle ice racing?

2 Likes

Maybe they’re just making change?

I’ll let myself out.

7 Likes

That’s what I was thinking.

“Hey, this guitar pick is only 95 cents. Can I have my Nickelback?”

8 Likes

Chad Kroeger dreamed of Ghandi. They faced one another on an endless plane. He saw himself reflected in the old man’s glasses. “Be the change you wish to see in the world,” Ghandi said, brushing Chad’s throat with a calloused finger and opening his Vishuddha chakra.

Chad woke with a start. He elbowed his brother Mike awake. “Dude, I just had the weirdest dream,” he whispered.

And so it was that Nickelback was born.

5 Likes

So - no soap, radio?

2 Likes

It works on so many levels, but no one ever gets it.

2 Likes

This is the back of a Canadian nickel:

4 Likes

I would never have guessed they were fans of the MIT Engineers! Go tech!

I’m a Beaver!

You’re a Beaver! We are Beavers all,
And when we get together, we do the beaver call!
e to the u, du dx, e to the x, dx;
cosine, secant, tangent, sine, 3.14159;
integral, radical, mu, dv;
slipstick, sliderule, MIT!

Go Tech!

4 Likes

So it has something to do with 2017?

2 Likes

Funny, though. Nickleback gets hassled for having nearly identical stuff, but for AC/DC it’s treated as part of the charm.

Not a huge fan of either, but there’s a certain dissonance there.

6 Likes

I’d almost argue that AC/DC somehow has even less variety in their songs. Although they freely own up to it. While not a verbatim quote, I remember one of them saying in an interview that they hate being referred to as a band with 10 albums that “all sound the same”, when in fact it’s 15 albums.

9 Likes

mumble mumble Ramones

7 Likes

What about Status Quo? They’ve spent the last 40 years and 31 albums recycling the same songs.

To be fair to AC/DC, the Bon Scott era does sound a bit different to the Brian Johnson era.

6 Likes

Talk about your coincidences.

I watched something about L.S. Lowry last night. “Pictures of Matchstick Men” is about him.

4 Likes

Was it good? What’s the title?

1 Like

It was a “Fake or Fortune” episode, so… YMMV. I couldn’t sleep and that’s the formulaic kind of thing my brain can process when that happens.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

BTW, Nickelback sold out the BOC arena in Tulsa last year. Twice.

7 Likes