A deep dive into the visual branding of Cyberdyne Systems from the "Terminator" films

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/31/a-deep-dive-into-the-visual-br.html

5 Likes

I love this! It’s like “applied nerdy fandom”.

4 Likes

Oh yes, this kind of expert analysis of fictional entities is why I get on the Internet.

7 Likes

An ad agency is trolling Jason Kenney’s $30M/year Alberta energy War Room, which has struck out twice on its logo, caught lifting it from other companies.

The Logo Rationale for each “unique” logo is funny.

3 Likes

Uh, "“Total Rekall”. Are you SURE about than one??

1 Like

The rabbit hole for the Alien franchise is wonderful, as well. Thanks for sharing this site!

1 Like

The company is called “Rekall!” That’s canonical! I thought the movie followed suit!

2 Likes

Amazing how much trouble the producers of T2 went to, to create that brand. I have seen the movie many times and wasn’t aware that the branding was all over the place.

2 Likes

I always figured the movies were playing off of Teledyne given the geometric logo, -dyne suffix and that the company was a major avionics and electronics defense contractor.

ETA: and I see the article brings that up.

1 Like

No mention of Yoyodyne. I am disappointed.

2 Likes

Yeah. Definitely an oversight that’s going to require an update to the entry.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.