A desperate GOP spins Trump's abortion flip-flop: "He is actually okay with abortion"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/09/a-desperate-gop-spins-trumps-abortion-flip-flop-he-is-actually-okay-with-abortion.html

4 Likes

Eh. trump probably is 100% ok with abortion. He has no principles one way or the other.

40 Likes

Yeah, his racism is just about the only constant belief I can imagine him having (beyond his general narcissism and greed).

21 Likes

Pelosi’s take:

“He takes great pride in overturning Roe v. Wade. Takes great pride in it. And then the way the press wrote it up just cracked me up because it said, he doesn’t believe anything,” Pelosi said. “He believes in his political survival, and that’s what he’s trying to accommodate.”

…why would the press say ‘he believes?’ He doesn’t believe anything.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4582818-pelosi-on-trump-abortion-statement-he-either-is-stupid-or-he-thinks-the-rest-of-us-are/

Roevember is coming.

24 Likes

Oh, make up yer fμ¢⚷in’ mind, ya weasel!

2 Likes

“We’ve promised our base loudly and publicly for years that we would ban abortion, and we’ve very nearly pulled off a nationwide ban already, but you know . . . just ignore that.”

8 Likes

He’s proud of everything other people accomplish for him, but that doesn’t mean he has any principles.

6 Likes

His compass only points to the next best grift. Period.

Oh, and usually rests towards Moscow.

7 Likes

There is no safe harbor for Trump and the Republicans at this point. The abortion issue is no less complex and no less difficult for many Americans than it was while Roe was in force. But politically the winds have shifted, and done so dramatically.

Trump can make his own statements about state vs. national restrictions, but the debate set off by the Supreme Court nearly two years ago is not abating, as Arizona’s landmark decision Tuesday showed. Trump set this in motion, and now it is mostly out of his control.

6 Likes

He has so little personal interest in the issue that when he first decided to make it go at running on the Republican ticket in 2016 he didn’t even realize he was supposed to oppose abortion; most of the political candidates he’d given money to at that time were explicitly pro-choice. He’d reverse himself on that or any other issue if he thought for a moment that doing so would benefit himself in some way; for him “ideals” and “beliefs” are just abstract concepts he can use to manipulate others for his own personal gain.

Of course, even if he did reverse himself now it wouldn’t undo any of the damage created by his judicial appointments.

10 Likes

With liberal media outlets and political action committees sure to remind the electorate of that, I count on Trump to promise that when back in office he’d get SCOTUS conservatives to reverse their decision on Roe v Wade. He won’t do that, of course, but dullards would believe it, and others who see the scam will wink 'n nod it forward to get their boy back in.

2 Likes

He is hedging his bets until he gets to see the end of that “Civil War” movie…

1 Like

see also:

8 Likes

every vote matters.

22 Likes

“Herman Munster with a 1962 Merseybeat haircut”

Perfection. No notes.

7 Likes

Pity his parents weren’t more into it.

2 Likes

At some point, after his demise, a woman or women will likely come forward with a story of how he paid her to get one, an NDA and mob threats.

6 Likes

No, I bet that if he did he stuck her with the bill

10 Likes

“He is actually okay with abortion”

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if were revealed Trump has a history of paying women to have abortions to cover up his various infidelities.

And the GOP would still find a way to approve.

6 Likes

Clearly they were bad women, liberals, who were trying to trap him.

3 Likes