Trump is proud of overturning Roe v Wade

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/04/trump-is-proud-of-overturning-roe-v-wade.html

5 Likes

We may end up all being proud of trump for this considering it probably will trigger a major blue sweep. This may make it much harder for him to seize the electoral college.

“It’s actually great that Trump ended reproductive freedom because Democrats will have an easier time winning in 2024” is not the take I would go with.

17 Likes

“Trump is proud”

Since Trump is all about being popular, he’s proud of it, and simultaneously angry with Republicans for passing unpopular abortion legislation, apparently not seeing the disconnect there. Though he’s also said that “I would sit down with both sides and I’d negotiate something and we’ll end up with peace on that issue for the first time in 52 years,” so he clearly doesn’t understand (or care) about the issues or “sides” involved.

(I remain amazed that Turnip constantly talks about how he’d solve intractable problems - past and current - by hammering out a deal, when he’s never once managed to solve even the most minor political problem, and in fact just creates more divisions. It’s such a bizarrely counter-factual claim, presumably coming out of the Orange Shitgibbon’s self-mythologizing about being a business dealmaker, which also wasn’t true.)

8 Likes

and everyone else they don’t like.

Roe v. Wade.
Jan 6.
Project 2025.
These are what the Democrats can hammer the MAGAts with.
Forget ‘the border’. It is a red herring that can be ignored since Lord Dampnut himself ordered legislation on it scuttled.

And remind everyone constantly of the violence Lord Dampnut has promised.
Fear works as a tactic; the GOP has been using it for decades; so when the Democrats use it, it will be based on reality, instead of boogeymen.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.