Desperate Donald claims he'll be "great for women's reproductive rights"

Originally published at: Desperate Donald claims he'll be "great for women's reproductive rights" - Boing Boing

8 Likes

So in desperation, he just announced on Truth Social that “My Administration will be great for women and their reproductive rights.”

The second half of his post got lost. Technical difficulties, I guess. He meant to continue “Women will never need to worry about their reproductive rights again!” :rage:

23 Likes

This has always been Trump: say one thing, then say the complete opposite later, without acknowledging that he’s contradicting himself. Which position does he actually hold? Whichever one you want him to hold!

I suspect it doesn’t work so well here, after he’s made such a big deal about ending Roe v Wade, after he spent so many years, starting before he was elected, talking about criminalizing abortion and jailing women for having them, but he heavily relies on no-information voters for his support, so…

22 Likes

The one that gets him the bigger crowds/ratings and the most worship.

20 Likes

Does this mean Trump is going to stop claiming that suburban women don’t care about reproductive rights, and what they want is to be kept safe from “those people” and have powerful dishwashers? Because I thought that was a real winning strategy.

12 Likes

At least in this case it’s really easy to tell that he’s lying.

7 Likes

Seems legit.

I mean, why would a superfan of Vladimir Putin, with six bankruptcies and a felony conviction, who was twice impeached and is facing multiple criminal trials lie about something?

18 Likes

You can always tell his lyin’, cause his mouth is moving…

19 Likes

“… people are flushing dishwashers 15 times”

17 Likes

Or his fingers are on a keyboard. High probability he’s sounding it out though.

14 Likes

And sometimes that position is… all of them. Sure, he’ll adopt whatever position is most advantageous in that particular moment (and then discard it when the moment passes), and I think he’s a little confused by the abortion issue since he knows some core part of his base is against it but that’s not true of voters in general, so he’s adopting all possible positions and constantly contradicting himself in the hopes that people will only pay attention to the answer he gave that they like. But at the same time, Trump adopts contradictory positions all the time because he has no idea what he’s talking about. Trump is ignorant of even really basic knowledge, and just waffles out word salad answers to questions (and even in speeches), and I think, even in the issue of reproductive rights, there’s a little of that at play.

10 Likes

i-put-a-potato-in-the-microwave

30 Likes

Schrödinger’s position! We just need to collapse the wave function, only instead of observation with him it is huge amounts of cash.

16 Likes

We’ve got the measure of him, so can we now just stop observing.

5 Likes

But we can’t know both his position and his velocity simultaneously. I suggest cooling him to absolute zero to maximize precision.

18 Likes

Oooh! SCIENCE!

8 Likes

Well, his position changes constantly, obviously.
Maybe, he is just Brownian motion.

Screen Shot 2024-08-23 at 21.53.05

5 Likes

His lips move while he texts? Sounds legit.

5 Likes

bernie vomit emoji request

23 Likes

I’m unsure of whether he’s merely lying; or whether Vance has gotten through to him about women’s reproductive rights specifically being their right to reproduce; and he’s only lying about supporting that for poors and the ethnically undesirable; but perfectly willing to give the idea a go elsewhere.

At least Musk hasn’t had enough luck ingratiating himself that he’s started offering to bless the faithful with his perfect seed.

1 Like