Desperate Donald claims he'll be "great for women's reproductive rights"

He tries to cover that by saying everyone on both sides wanted Roe v. Wade go.

And then he says he’ll leave it to the states, as if that isn’t allowing abortion bans.

4 Likes

Oblig…

3 Likes

Nothing especially complicated to parse here. He just insists he’s the greatest on every issue of interest to voters, even if (especially if) it stands in direct conflict with some other interest. He hasn’t stopped to consider what “women’s reproductive rights” means because he really doesn’t care about policy at all. He only cares about power.

9 Likes

Ahem. 34 felony convictions, to be accurate for the record.

Also he owes $850 million in penalties for civil suits he lost.

I think Trump is now stuck in some doom loop where he throws out increasingly unhinged comments which play better and better to an ever shrinking proportion of the general voting public.

Hurrah!

10 Likes

Josh Homme is going to don a fat suit to play Colonel Sanders?

2 Likes

liar

11 Likes

Given the state of the GOP, I think we’d be in trouble from the global warming this would add.

ETA: gah, Stupid autoediting. This quoted the pants on fire gif.

7 Likes

Amazon Video Sam GIF by Red Oaks

5 Likes

Desperate Donald

It’s a shame that Desperate Don only works in the UK

4 Likes

That’s exactly how I’ve been thinking of his positions.

I keep going back to 2015, when I heard him on the radio, with other Republican candidates, describing his tax position, and he started advocating for a flat tax (in response to some question/comment specifically about that, I think), then in response to a question/comment, in his next sentence started advocating for a progressive tax. At the time, I just assumed he didn’t actually understand what a flat tax was (which is probably true), but that’s also, generally, his strategy (also in part because he doesn’t understand anything and doesn’t realize, or care, that he’s taking contradictory positions).

5 Likes

It’s difficult for me to imagine that he’s going to attract many new voters with this obvious lie, but he is managing to piss off a few conservatives, so that’s a plus. Here’s a quote from a columnist at National Review:

10 Likes

The man does not seem to exhibit “object permanence.”

8 Likes

Yosser Hughes: “I’m desperate, Father.”
Priest: “Call me Dan.”
Yosser: “I’m desperate, Dan.”

thb_40c3080968717d4cdbbc20c3edb89a83

5 Likes

That’s Heisenberg’s Unschärferelation.

And Schödinger was such an asshole that it should be ‘douchebag’, not ‘box’.

However, I’m okay with the 0 Kelvin thing.

8 Likes

Absolute zero is definitely an 0K idea.

13 Likes

A reminder that Donald “reproductive rights” Trump called a lawyer “disgusting” for needing time to pump breast milk, and when he didn’t like Megyn Kelly’s interview, he characterized her as having “blood coming out of her wherever”. He certainly knows how to talk to the ladies.

8 Likes

Yeah, I’ve suspected that for years. At the very least, he certainly doesn’t realize other people do have it.

9 Likes

People could walk into a room, see him sleeping, and even wonder then if he was still lying.

4 Likes
10 Likes

That is a good read

5 Likes