Cowardly Trump promises another vaporous policy document

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/22/cowardly-trump-promises-another-vaporous-policy-document.html

6 Likes

I’m coming out within a week or so with a very comprehensive policy which I’ll get to you immediately

Lies No GIF

28 Likes

I’m sure he will get right on that. As soon as he finishes up his new replacement-for-Obamacare so-great-you-won’t-believe-it healthcare plan. Oh, and his plan for infrastructure week. And there are probably a few more as well. Yeah, nudge-nudge, wink-wink

23 Likes

At least we know he still supports a person’s right to contradiction.

18 Likes

It’ll be out in…
Animated GIF

21 Likes

That’s the kind of waffle – a noncommital pseudo-opinion – that Trump uses when he’s talking about the Bible or Frederick Douglass or anything else he knows nothing about but feels a need to express an opinion on.

19 Likes

21 Likes

Obligatory “Sure, Jan.”
Sure Jan GIF

12 Likes

“The likeliest explanation for this is that he blanked on what the word contraception meant.”

Well, that’s extremely plausible. I had assumed Trump was making a vague non-statement because he wanted to imply he was going to ban contraception while also not explicitly saying so, so he’d get the support of evangelicals while also having plausible deniability. But it does seem more likely that he just lost the plot, didn’t know what was going on, and gave his usual reflexive nonsense “I’ll have a policy for that, it’ll be the best,” followed up by… nothing.

Like his tax returns and Melania’s immigration documents, and…

Yep, it’s so obvious, because he has to throw superlatives in there that don’t even make sense in context. It’s always “interesting,” “smart,” “you’ll be surprised,” etc. for things that aren’t interesting, involve straightforward policy, shouldn’t be surprising…

9 Likes

And he has to immediately double-up on the superlatives to reinforce them.

L. Ron Hubbard used a similar patter when he was talking, with a continuous play-by-play of how you were supposed to be reacting to each part of his line of bullcrap. It’s all very interesting, and not many people know that.

7 Likes

Immediately forgotten promise. Like all the others.

6 Likes

I see what you did there.

5 Likes

Assuming we make it past the next election, I look forward to the next generation’s history books looking at Donny in the same way we look at the Whig party.

2 Likes

Such an obvious non-answer that in a previous era some Hollywood writer could make it up as a gag in a comedy script and get laughs.

And yet this guy is statistically tied with Biden. We are living in a bad joke.

6 Likes

Trump’s timeline? Always “two weeks”

6 Likes

Pay no attention to the polls. Verily, they art feces of a male bovine.

10 Likes

You forgot this part:

5 Likes

One smart feller, he felt smart…

4 Likes

On an off-topic tangent, I used the very same meme reference to answer a vendor this morning as to when the project manager would get the purchase order submitted on a somewhat time-sensitive quote.

I also know it’s an entire connex filled with various types of fecal matter, because the boss I call “El turkey” had the same deadline of ‘two weeks’ for everything, regardless of it’s complexity, or if we even had any knowledge of the product.
Set up a new load balancer that we’ve never heard of before? Two Weeks.
Set up what people might call an extranet (coerced into acting as an SSL VPN connection, which the appliance explicitly did not support) Two. Weeks.
Rebuild the entire network infrastructure from the ground up, while keeping the existing stuff in place and with zero downtime? TWO. WEEKS.

:: Gets zapped by the ‘bad doggy collar’ ::
ugh. sorry. Got carried away there.

10 Likes

I used to work for that guy. He’s a pain.

6 Likes