Donald Trump will gladly pay you in TWO WEEKS for a "hamberder" today

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/07/donald-trump-will-gladly-pay-you-in-two-weeks-for-a-hamberder-today.html

4 Likes

A lot of this comes from his inability to say anything remotely like, “I don’t know,” when asked a question he doesn’t know the answer to. So someone asks him about birth control, and he didn’t know birth control was even an issue, so he says, “We’ll have a plan on that in two weeks.” Someone asked him about the Paris accords years ago, and he, I’m sure, didn’t have the faintest fucking clue what that even was, so he says, “We’ll have something in two weeks.” Every time he gives this answer, just substitute in “I don’t know,” because that’s what he really means.

31 Likes

Obligatory:

Animated GIF

33 Likes

The epitome of this, I think, was some press conference he was at that was addressing concerns over school resegregation or something. A reporter asked him his opinion about bussing, and his response was that he’d have a plan regarding bussing in the next two weeks or so. It was painfully obvious that he had no idea what bussing even meant in this context.

This isn’t an easy snippet to dredge up, unfortunately, but I’m sure you can imagine how it went without the visual aid.

16 Likes

“I don’t know” is the real answer to almost any question you could ask T*mp that’s not about fast food or bigotry, though. Especially now that he’s possibly losing his tenuous grip on reality altogether.

9 Likes

See also the running bit from The Money Pit (every time a contractor was asked how long a repair would take they gave the same wildly inaccurate answer).

IMG_1456

Though unlike Trump they did get the job done eventually.

20 Likes

On the plus side, it does mean that he doesn’t fall for the obvious set-ups.

Reporter: “Mr. Trump, does your administration have a plan to deal with updog?”

Trump: “Yes, we’re going to be announcing a plan for that in the next two weeks, two to three weeks.”

19 Likes

Cruelty and Hamberders sounds like a solid band name

6 Likes

His promise about a health care plan really should have destroyed him as a politician, when he eventually admitted there had never been a plan and, in fact, he had expected someone else to come up with one and just hand it to him, and he had made those assumptions in complete ignorance of the subject and its complexity. For a guy who constantly insists that only he can solve the problem(s), it was a confirmation that he’s a total fraud.

That this is a constant response is pretty telling.

12 Likes

Wimpy was more trustworthy.

5 Likes

I always cringe when he gives the two-weeks dodge and the media report it as if they actually expect something will be issued in two weeks. They’ve learned nothing in the last eight years.

7 Likes

At least she delivered on a promise. “Get ready for a surprise!”

4 Likes

Which isn’t in itself a bad response. In various trainings I’ve been advised to respond to questions I don’t have an answer to with “that’s a good question, let me get back to you on that.”

Of course, I was also advised to actually look up the answer and get back to the person who asked. I think TFG slept through that part of the training. Maybe he thought he was at a fraud trial.

4 Likes

But part of the response is to acknowledge that you don’t know the answer or need to confirm it. T**** always says he already has the work done or near done, when he doesn’t even know what the question is about.

7 Likes

I had a [HOLY CRAP REDACTED] of a boss that expected everything to be done in two weeks, regardless of the complexity, scale, or how well we knew the product.

Set up some new application? two weeks.
Set up a new remote access appliance that no one in the company’s ever heard of, let alone used for the desired purpose? two weeks.
re-architect the entire enterprise network and transition over to it, but not incurring any downtime? TWO. WEEKS.

5 Likes

I typically give a reply of “two weeks” when asked how long it will take to finish a task. It’s been working fine in meetings for the last thirty years, why stop now?

3 Likes

Yes, I’ll pull that on occasion myself, but this was the boss expecting us to do a month-long project (or multi-year project, in the case of the last item) in that time frame, because he had no effing clue and intentionally and willfully didn’t trust us that we know what the hell we were doing. He was a toxic boss in ALL the other ways, and I’m glad he will never be back.

4 Likes

Quite right. The media’s job isn’t to act as free publicity, it’s to hold power to account.

4 Likes

Well, clearly he can’t do it this week because this week is infrastructure week:

3 Likes

But the problem is, I already don’t like their music, sorry :see_no_evil:

1 Like