A fire truck on its way to a burning house crashes into building, leaving two huge holes

Originally published at: A fire truck on its way to a burning house crashes into building, leaving two huge holes | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Philadelphia?

Was this a scheme gone wrong?

5 Likes

And I suppose the house burned down in the meantime.

2 Likes

I work in an enormous medical center and every day see multiple ambulances with lights/sirens going. The number of drivers that either don’t notice, don’t care, or just have no clue how to react astounds me constantly. Its surprising that more accidents don’t happen with emergency vehicles because of it

8 Likes

I have seen drivers just stop in the middle of the road when an emergency vehicle comes up behind them. Not pull over or anything, just stop. Forcing the truck to maneuver around them or go over them. Idiots abound.

11 Likes

Let that be a lesson to you, Mr. Fireman, if that’s is your real name.

2 Likes

None of that bugs me as much as the people that actively try and take advantage of the situation. I’ve seen people pull quickly into the gaps created by cars actually obeying the sirens as well as people just following the emergency vehicles through traffic.

3 Likes

That’s what happens when you fill the water tank with Kool-Aid.

kool-aid

8 Likes

Driven by Sgt. Fackler?

I think they’re very lucky they punched two holes in the building the way they did. Had they struck the corner, which is a critical load bearing point in a non-steel-framework building, they might have dropped the entire building on top of them.

2 Likes

Do all emergency vehicles have dash cameras? I’d think that would be mandatory for ensuing investigations and lawsuits.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.