A gentle reminder from the CDC and FDA: drinking hand sanitizer can blind or kill you

But Doctor Trump was the long-time dean of the Medical College at Trump University. Doesn’t that trump [sorry] all of the other so-called experts?

1 Like

D. John Trump needs only little handsanitizer.

3 Likes

I usually just lurk but I had to throw some Canadian cents in. So drinking hand sanitizer is more common than one thinks in smaller communities, I talked to some ambulance crews and apparently it is the economical drink of choice to get smashed. All you have to do is add some juice flavoring typically from those small bottles you find at the grocery store. Even when it is not toxic it still causes wonderful things like stomach ulcers and GI bleeds.

7 Likes

Fomite transmission in general seems to be a relatively minor means of transmission for COVID19, although it is hard to figure out how much of that is behavioral (i.e., many people started washing their hands more and being careful about touching their face early with no controversy), data bias (we have less data on kids who are more likely to lick things) vs. a property of the virus.

Hand sanitizer is absolutely effective at killing coronavirus along with most (but not all) other viruses. It isn’t clear to what extent it is necessary but the same is true for handwashing. The regular “sanitizing clean” on surfaces that some people and businesses are doing probably help very little if at all.

1 Like

Not during COVID. Drinkable alcohol is cheaper today. See Trump engineered the COVID outbreak to be his version of a sugar tax so we would all be safe.

1 Like

I was thinking they were drinking it out of desperation, but that doesn’t make sense: it’s harder to get hand sanitizer than cheap ethanol right now. Then I realized they were probably drinking it because they thought it’d cure them of Covid. Which, again, ethanol is cheaper, easier to get, and exactly as effective (which is to say, not at all effective). It also probably tastes better and is less likely to kill you (quickly, at least).

People sometimes disappoint me.

Exactly, if corporations qualify and benefit as individuals then they must face the consequences as individuals. If a corporation knowingly does something that harms people, then the CEO/board of directors and anyone who signed-off should be charged with each count or conspiracy to do so. In a just world CEOs would face mass murder charges for this kind of shit.

1 Like

Although, if you succumb to drinking hand sanitizer, you can no longer contract the coronavirus, soooo, super effective?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.