A gentleman sues his parents because they cut off his allowance

Originally published at: A gentleman sues his parents because they cut off his allowance | Boing Boing

7 Likes

41 and a moocher couch potato is no way to go through life Dude.

21 Likes

Poor fella will now have to find himself a job, but who’s going to hire such a litigious, entitled, spoiled little git?

24 Likes

See Boris Johnson for your consideration…

28 Likes

Republicans seems to like whiny, litigious, man babies; maybe he could come here and run for president?

16 Likes

Maybe he would have had more success if he had been living in Italy instead.

7 Likes

Man, I am in the wrong business. . .

How does one get into this whole “born wealthy” gig anyway?

18 Likes

He already has appropriate physique and the extra long necktie.

14 Likes

Those sartorial choices make him very drumph adjacent for sure

7 Likes

sounds like he wasn’t a very good lawyer. maybe his prior case had some merit.

15 Likes

violin deal with it GIF

7 Likes

I guess the upside his parents got him working again

4 Likes

Perhaps he has a stepbrother he can start an international entertainment conglomerate with.

4 Likes

In fairness he had asked his folks if they could spot him £20,000 to hire a better one but they turned him down flat.

14 Likes

Ladies…I hear he’s single. Eh? Eh?

Bill Murray Flirting GIF by Groundhog Day

7 Likes
  1. He would have had to have been a damn good lawyer to win such a bullshit case, so he’d be entitled to nothing.
  2. If he lost, he’s proving that he’s a bad lawyer, so he’s proving his case. See 1.
  3. If he indeed was a good lawyer but the case has no merit, he’s proving he’s a bad lawyer because only a bad lawyer would think the case has merit. See 2.
  4. See 3.
19 Likes

The old ‘Paradox of the Court’

10 Likes

As easy and fun as it is to mock a middle-aged stay-at-home lout, isn’t this the same principle behind alimony?

I say this not because everybody deserves to get a free ride from their parents for life, but leading on your child to think that you will always provide for them for 40 years and stopping without warning seems at least somewhat like a betrayal, and probably did as much harm as he did to himself. Shouldn’t there be a penalty for that?

3 Likes

Won’t work, not a natural born US citizen. Same reason The Governator couldn’t run.

5 Likes

Pish-posh. You’re thinking of yesterday’s America. In Great Again America, little things like the Constitution don’t hold us back; we’re tearing it up and throwing out the bits we don’t like.

12 Likes