New pillow for middle-aged Italian men who just moved out of their parent’s house

Originally published at: New pillow for middle-aged Italian men who just moved out of their parent's house | Boing Boing

1 Like

… I am so confused :confused:

1 Like

Kind of funnier if you don’t put the punchline in the headline.

2 Likes

We took a budget vacation on Italy’s classic Amalfi coast a couple of decades ago and were told that Italian men remained with parents because of high rents otherwise. So, they’re only cheap fellows.

My over-thirty nephew still lives at home with his folks, who put up with his gaming mania and smelly iguanas. He works stocking vegetables at a local market so his claim of poverty makes sense. Sad.

1 Like

Italian courts periodically made international media over the years with a series of rulings ordering parents to provide not just lodging but also financial support to grown children (always sons in the stories I read) even when said sons were well into their 30s and beyond.

Though apparently their Supreme Court recently reversed that policy.

4 Likes

The sketch is about Italian American men.

I’ll never get used to the American habit of saying “I am x nationality” when they mean “I am x American by descent”.

2 Likes

Yeah, but the headline isn’t.

(As I’ve noted previously, who reads beyond the headlines?) :wink:

2 Likes

That doesn’t explain South Philly.

5 Likes

To the extent that it’s a valid cultural stereotype I believe its origins come from the Mother Country, as it were.

2 Likes

How’s the pillow going to smell like cookery and make apnea machine noises? Does it come with a nice nest in the pergola for when you have guests?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.