A glossary of Franken-words

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/02/frankenslug.html

1 Like

Appears to be missing from the list: Frankenpad, a thinkpad made by combining a T60 body and a T61 motherboard.

The body provides a highly coveted 15" 4:3 IPS screen. The motherboard allows for more than 3gb of RAM, cooler running processors, and SATA II disk speeds.

9 Likes

Just make sure you pronounce 'em properly.

11 Likes

I´d like to note here how bloody silly all of this sounds to me as a German. “Franken” is the region of Franconia in German.
That said I call my PC Frankenstein because it was created out of 3 older PCs and a relatively new motherboard.

6 Likes

It brought me no end of delight when I lived next to the Frankenfarm in Himmelkron, a store and restaurant specializing in local Franconian goods. Almost the opposite of what the English speaking world thinks of when they talk of “Frankenfood”.

I do love Upper Franconia, or Oberfranken. It’s such a quirky region with good beer and good bratwurst. And a lot of good friends.

5 Likes

I think at this point “Franken” has been a prefix for all words in the English language, thanks to a combination of bioengineering and assemblage/recycling, depending on whether we’re talking about living things or not.

No kidding. Franken has some of the best food, beer and wine in all of Germany. Its basically Germanys heartland. Especially Mainfranken with towns like Würzburg and Aschaffenburg,

2 Likes

franken

10 Likes

Dr. Frank-N-Furter, A Scientist…

11 Likes

He created life you know.

4 Likes

In before Jason Weisberger, who surely knows the word Frankenbeemer, for a BMW motorcycle made up of parts from several years (generally seen as OK by BMW fans) and/or different years & manufacturers. The HORROR! His is mos def the coolest Beemer of all time, a '76 R90/S, NOT a Frankenbeemer, while I make do with my plain old '72 '74 '76 '81 1000cc R90. Sniff, sniff.

3 Likes

Frankensinatra?

That could be a great movie.

1 Like

The popular Turduckhen, turkey stuffed with a duck, stuffed with a chicken, with layers of stuffing inbetween is Frankenpoultry.

1 Like

6 Likes

Really makes you think.

Franken-president.

rump

1 Like

frankincenses

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.