A kid painted a nice mural at her high school. Angry parents called it witchcraft and left her in tears at a "hate fest" school board meeting

This would be that “Christian Love” I keep hearing about, right?

/sarcasm

2 Likes

8 Likes

If you read between the lines it is always “what about the children my family associates with?”

Just like the family values crowd doesn’t value non-traditional families.

3 Likes

“I feel like she did a really good job finding excuses to defend the things she put on,” says Katelyn Thompson. “None of us are that stupid.”

-no you are far, far more ignorant than that.

6 Likes

Tracey Hargreaves, who has two children in the Grant Public School system, came to the defense of the student artist.

“I am a conservative, right-wing, gun-loving American,” Hargreaves declared at the meeting. “And I’ve never seen more bigoted people in my life.”

I just want to yell at her, THOSE are the people you are with. DO something about it. That is the actual face of the republican party these days. This is as much your fault for looking away when it was convenient.

14 Likes

You know they are.
We all know it to be true.

Hail Catan!

5 Likes

12 Likes

I’m actually wondering how many of them are from the district? It’s a common tactic among conservatives to invite outside bystanders in for these meetings. I’m not doubting the fools also agree with the idiocy being spouted, but in many of these cases the answer to “Do you have a child in this school?” is a negative. (More accurately if you ask it, they won’t answer.)

Oh, and @nick_warr – You know I have to steal that image now, right? I almost certainly won’t post it anywhere, but my partners really need to see it! :heart_eyes_cat: (Thank you!)

5 Likes

diggin the cat-o-gram, but why do i see four cats and five tails?

7 Likes

Witchcraft GIF by BAFTA

10 Likes

Because one is a Nekomata!

tired sleepy GIF by YO-KAI WATCH

12 Likes

Was actually looking for something different (the oneI found now), but there are loads of images in that theme out there:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.