A Labrador and toddler keep telling the same joke — to explosive laughter every time (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/28/a-labrador-and-toddler-keep-telling-the-same-joke-to-explosive-laughter-every-time-video.html

10 Likes

I bet the labrador believes it’s the one leading that conversation.

8 Likes

Had a black lab in the 90s who would howl/sing along to the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine theme music. Every single time, no matter where he was in the house. Never TNG. Not Voyager. Just DS9.

Goofy dog.

12 Likes

Thing = Wonderful

6 Likes

I had a dog that ran to the door and barked every time a doorbell rang on TV. I get that, but then she started recognizing a certain Domino’s commercial that played Miserlou before it played a doorbell sound. From then on, she ran to the door and barked every time she heard that guitar solo.

6 Likes

George Carlin said comedy has a rule of 3: something is funniest if you repeat 3 times. He also said there was a rule of 23: something stopped being funny after the 3rd time until you repeated it 23 times. Then it was funny again.

That rule applies here.

7 Likes

I used to do something like that with our GS puppy Apollo when I was 10 years old… but the conversation was one-sided. He’d be lying on my chest while I was in bed. I’d go “wooooo”, and each time I did that, Apollo would place his paw over my mouth. His puppy paw beans smelled like buttered popcorn! Ever heard of that?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.