A look back at Disney's Gargoyles

Originally published at: A look back at Disney's Gargoyles | Boing Boing

1 Like

I re-watched Gargoyles a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. The first two seasons are so good. The third season should be deleted from existence it makes total sense that the writers came over from X-Men.

4 Likes

I don’t have half an hour to watch the video right now but does it explain how the show managed to get nine actors from Star Trek to voice characters for the show?

6 Likes

We were real Gargoyle fans back in the day. We were surprised how completely the show vanished afterwards. The first two seasons, especially, were excellent. It’s time to break out our VHS tapes and fire up the old VCR.

4 Likes

It’s also available on Disney+ now for anyone who subscribes to that service.

1 Like

Keith David is awesome in Gargoyles as Goliath. Just gimme more of that please. And the HBO Spawn series.

1 Like

NECA is making really good toys from the series, and Ravensburger just released a board game through Target.
It’s not forgotten at all, fans of the series are now grown up enough to show it to their kids, and I’ve been picking up the figures as they come out to set on my mini fire escape shelf.

2 Likes

Until Disney restores and does a blu-ray release of Dragonslayer, they will remain on my shit-list. Actually, they will always be on my shit-list… but don’t tell them that.

2 Likes

My sister worked at the Maus Haus shortly after Gargoyles, and knew one of the artists that worked on Gargoyles. I was a huge fan, and I currently have a large pastel drawing of Goliath looming over my name (made to look like part of a castle) on my shelf.

Now to wait for them to bring back “Gummi Bears”…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.