Someone animated Star Trek: Voyager and it rocks

Originally published at: Someone animated Star Trek: Voyager and it rocks | Boing Boing

7 Likes

This is really neat, although that’s not how evolution works.

1 Like

Tuvok’s eyebrow, lol

4 Likes

I’d subscribe to whatever streaming service redid the entire run of the show like this.

4 Likes

Not enough pink and purple.

2 Likes

They did Threshold…

Stephen Colbert Chefs Kiss GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

And I’m patiently (impatiently) waiting for the DS9 one…

4 Likes

I had missed the TNG one – glad to see they have a Kzin there on the bridge!

It’s sad to think that, in whatever century the Star Trek happens, they can create a bologna sandwich out of thin air but they haven’t conquered the baldness gene.

I love everything about the baby salamanders jumping into the water. The comedy music, the way it’s animated, everything.

1 Like

They should do this to Star Trek: The Animated Series.

1 Like

It already did it to itself?

1 Like

According to a Gene Roddenberry anecdote mentioned in every Patrick Stewart interview for 20 years, they have, but by the 24th century no one cares

9 Likes

Genetic modifications are illegal in the Federation…

2 Likes

as it should be.

1 Like

1 Like

A lot of Star Trek episodes were based on a fundamental misunderstanding of how evolution works.

But you gotta admit it was a pretty funny sight gag when they had Data’s cat “devolve” into an iguana.

4 Likes

Besides, is there anyone who really thinks Captain Picard is sexier with hair than without?

Maybe he was born without the baldness gene but was fortunate enough to live in a society that had discovered the cure for hair.

2 Likes

Also, devolving Riker is flipping us all off…

the best part of that was worf going off the rails at lunch…

1 Like

And imagine having such a tenuous grasp of evolutionary biology to think that humans evolved from spiders…

2 Likes

It was totally not based on science, but totally entertaining, so…

Reaction GIF

5 Likes