A Lucky Ducky comic - Does Hollingsworth Hound finally win?!?

Ad blockers and pop up blockers and no script and alternate browsers and all the rest do work, but it’s worth remembering that what @RandomDude describes is their preferred user experience for visitors to this site.

10 Likes

Yeah…

7 Likes

he’s rich. doesn’t mean he’s wiser, or smarter, or more deserving.

3 Likes

Try blokada. It’s not in the appstore but it’s very effective on both web and app ads.

It’s a self-hosted dns server that basically gives you back the ability to use hostsfile. Comes with pretty good default settings and is free.

2 Likes

So Mnuchin as the turtle? I’d buy that. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I was wondering who the vulture was.

2 Likes

In panel 6 I also see Wayne LaPierre in the background, and perhaps Giuliani in the foreground. That’s Moscow Mitch McConnell in panel 7, of course.

3 Likes

AdGuard AdBlocker for Chrome. I activated it here when the script load became so huge it actually crashed my computer. (yeah technically I should blame Chrome for that one) I don’t want to use ad blocking, I want to respect BB’s right to earn whatever revenue they can, but BB has definitely crossed a line. And that ad blocker makes browsing BB quite nice.

Also, apologies for ranting about this on Ruben’s comic, definitely off topic. :frowning:

4 Likes

I feel bad for bringing this up I don’t want to bring stuff off topic either but this is gotten really bad.

When I can’t even read a picture because the picture is now being Perma copied with an ad but I can’t remove how am I supposed to read the site?

Boing boing please knock this shit off. I mean that nicely. Yes you don’t need me as a member but if everyone says that because you’re pissing everyone off then this place ceases to exist

7 Likes

I’m glad I’m not alone in inferring that character. It says something about Trump cronies that we can identify which carrion eaters they are right off the bat.

4 Likes

I feel like turtle is more Moscow Mitch.

Much more here:
https://tinyurl.com/y3dsb9ne

7 Likes

It imports them all for you. I think passwords too. It also shows how many ads AND trackers are blocked. Mine - after using it now for several months - says 203,815 ads and trackers blocked. After opening the front page of BB, it now says 203,824.

3 Likes

I am going to seriously look at getting this now, I have completely had it with this bullshit

3 Likes

I think you’re right!

Maybe I’m a technocratic elitist but I thought they were kind of a filter. :rofl:

1 Like

Indeed. This is worth repeating, endlessly and forever.

3 Likes

I feel your pain. It’s just going to get worse as targeted advertising grows, too.

Privacy Badger (which as EFF software was unsurprisingly recommended on this site) finds 15 trackers on the BoingBoing home page. uBlock Origin finds 10 ads. I have bought from the BoingBoing store. I have bought using affiliate links. I am willing to white list, but I don’t have a lot of patience.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.