A Lucky Ducky comic - Does Hollingsworth Hound finally win?!?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/16/a-lucky-ducky-comic-does-hol.html

Tom the Dancing Bug, IN WHICH Hollingsworth Hound finally achieves his dream and beats Lucky Ducky: billionaires now pay a lower tax rate than poor people!

10 Likes

Totally unbelievable! Hollingsworth Hound showing a shred of decency!?

24 Likes

But this makes it sound like Hollingsworth didn’t know what he was getting into.

15 Likes

I would imagine that a lot of the people who jumped to support Trump & co. thought they knew what they were getting into, but badly underestimated the amount of chaos, sleaze, incompetence and outright criminality that was going to be involved.

22 Likes

I can’t even read the damn thing.

There are ads for the marines of all things (I hate authority- the military would kick me out in a heartbeat) blocking the damn comic.

Look, I’ll be frank. The ads lately have taken over the site, pop ups, following ads, ads that block static pictures, and no way to close them.

Ads are redirecting my browser forcibly regularly here, and only here.

I’m getting really tired of the abusiveness of this shit, and I think I will leave permanently if this keeps up for another month.

12 Likes

Did you see the cameo by Trump himself? He’s serving drinks at his own club!

8 Likes

Having the Russians portrayed as bears was obvious, but having them all wearing track suits. . . ?

26 Likes

A “Lucky Ducky” comic from Ruben! It’s gonna be a [reads comic] errr, bittersweet day.

And Stephen Miller as a vulture. Perfect.

19 Likes

“Dear God, they’ve sold out the country to Russian sleaze bags and sociopathic racists. Trump’s media enablers can ruin anyone that short-fingered idiot takes a dislike too. But I can end this . . . I CAN END THIS . . . but fuck, if the Democrats win I might lose my tax cuts.”

15 Likes

What’s missing is a chubby, shirtless, American dude speaking broken Russian.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’d feel a lot more sympathy for them if they abandoned Trump.

Real or not, I just love that story. It’s got just the right level of absurdity that I can actually believe it might have happened. :smiley:

2 Likes

Are you reading from a mobile device or from a desktop?

I suppose they could have an actual Hawk Guy as a vigilante.

Have you heard of Brave Brower with adblock for mobile and desktop?

5 Likes

Yes, someone awesome brought it up a couple days ago.

I just dont want to deal with it because of one site that is becoming unnavigable- Boing Boing- who should more than any other understand how shitty this is, since they have railed against it plenty

Switching all bookmarks would be a pita

3 Likes

Mobile Android device.

Only boing boing is this bad now. Every other place i visit is more respectful with ads

2 Likes

I AM THE MACHINE!

My Ukrainian friend (who has never met Guiliani lol) turned me onto that on a California road trip

2 Likes

I use a VPN on my phone that blocks the DNS lookup of known ad providers, and it works pretty well for BB – I haven’t seen any of the intrusive ads that you describe. It would mean a subscription, but it has other benefits that might make it worthwhile for you. (Of course, the ideal solution would be for BB to police their ads).

4 Likes

Yup. Were he a duck:

7 Likes

I’d agree, I recently turned off noscript for boingboing thinking I’d need it to see something and oh wow, it sank my phone. Never letting boingboing run scripts means faster browsing and no ads. I’ve also taken to reading the site mostly through the bbs.
I guess we all could be added to the disappointed list.

7 Likes