A man climbed the Las Vegas Sphere and landed himself in jail

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/07/a-man-climbed-the-las-vegas-sphere-and-landed-himself-in-jail.html

5 Likes

Not really seeing how that financial plan works. Did an eccentric billionaire promise to cover cover her child-rearing expenses if Des Champs got himself arrested in the biggest public spectacle he could manage?

5 Likes

nerdy concern aside, put any rope-around/weight on any of the gazillion* LED pucks and you could really kill some pixels

(* got curious. it’s 1.2 million. so a bit shy of a gazillion)

9 Likes

All I needed to know, really.

6 Likes

It is…possible…that someone whose username on instagram is “prolife.spiderman” is more interested in the appearance of the needs of the pregnant being attended to than to the sordid accounting of actually making sure that happens.

If his claims of a Turning Point USA connection aren’t lies; there may also be some background money involved(more likely in covering his activities than in actually reaching a poor; of course).

6 Likes

It’s also possible that if enough people hear about the pregnant woman, some will step forward and donate to her.

1 Like

Saw this video about the Sphere the other day, for sure worth a watch, IMO -

5 Likes

His name is Maison, not Madison.

Bullshit. He’s a well known anti-abortion stunt puller. This guy is an asshole.

9 Likes

“This building is redefining entertainment as we know it…”

Apparently, the building even redefines the word “sphere”. I guess this is correct, as the building is not a sphere.

4 Likes

IMG_2284

1 Like

Talking The Muppets GIF by ABC Network

3 Likes

Well, that’s the part of the story that’s missing.

2 Likes

More precisely, that’s three metric buttloads.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Yeah, if only reporters had taken the time to ask about those details, huh?

2 Likes

Gotta have big balls to attempt that.

i don’t think testicular size has anything to do with this level of performative assholery and sheer idiocy. the knock-on being the additional information given upthread that points to the true nature of his stunt.
to me, that points to the miniscule nature of his thinking and shallowness of his “cause”.

3 Likes

Big Balls. 350-foot tall Sphere. Balls. Sphere.

Everybody gets it.
Few think it’s really funny.

1 Like

I’m sorry. This is all I have.

Few think it’s really funny.

May have this on my Tombstone.

1 Like