A motion picture that was turned into a live musical will be broadcast into movie theaters

I think Fame already covered that?

1 Like

Coming up on 540 degrees.

Richard O’Brien is still alive.

5 Likes

1 Like

It wasn’t that long ago. All three of the main characters (Tim Curry, Susan Sarandon, and Barry Bostwick) are alive and working, as are Directors Jim Sharman and writer Richard O’Brien. Hell, even Meat Loaf is still kicking around and he already looked like he had one foot in the grave back in the 70s.

7 Likes

What’s the gif from? Looks interesting.

No idea, it was found on the gif widget thingie…

I asked myself the same question earlier and set out on a quest. It’s from a show called Dream Corp LLC.

2 Likes

Yes, the circle is indeed complete - twice

Man, I miss my Rocky Horror days. Back before we were old enough to drink it was the only thing for us freaks and weirdos to do on Friday and Saturday nights in Birmingham AL (I played Brad in the floor show - still remember most of the lines). We’d hit the midnight movie, and then go hang out at the local 24 hr Arby’s or Waffle House until a few hours before dawn. I imagine night life has changed in the intervening 30+ years, but I doubt it’s as much fun!

5 Likes

i’m waiting for the version with Betty White

3 Likes

I was the assistant manager of the theater in Dallas that started running it in 1977. Our manager was a deeply uptight conservative who couldn’t stand all of the degenerates who showed up every weekend (although he loved the money they spent), so I was basically put in charge of them. Honestly, you couldn’t ask for a nicer group of folks.

I frequently joined them when they went out after the show, and we eventually got banned from most of the 24-hour eateries in town; it was a tough time for nonconformists.

7 Likes

Patricia Quinn and Nell Campbell are both still this side of the grave as well.

4 Likes

We still go to midnight showings around Halloween (not the last one or this year of course), problem is the people that jumped on the bandwagon after it became what it is now show up and just shout things for the sake of shouting and just to cuss. Sure the classic lines are there but the new stuff they add kind of ruins the experience.

We recently had scary backyard drive in with a couple friends of 30+ years, we showed the original Night of The Living Dead, that was fun yelling at the screen but unbeknownst to us they had not seen Rocky so why not.

It went well until Sweet Transvestite, they are ten years older than us and very liberal, so we thought. The look on their face was priceless. We did not finish the movie.

I also grew up at the local midnight showings in Detroit back when they would let you bring in props(and liquor).

6 Likes

I’ll vouch for Dream Corp LLC being pretty fun.

Think Brain Candy by Kids in the Hall with a hook kind of like Inception. Darker sense of humor then Brain Candy and much more psychedelic.

The cast is also filled with a bunch of character actors that will make you say “oh cool, that guy/girl’s in it”

1 Like

, It appears that there were some very shabby research for this article.
As mentioned by others, “The Rocky Horror Show” was stage musical prior to being a film.
And it wasn’t obscure. It had major runs on both the West End and on Broadway before it was turned into a movie

The post should just be called “A live musical will be broadcast into movie theaters”.

The musical is not an adaptation of the motion picture. It’s the other way round.

Did you read the other comments? Just curious?

1 Like

Richard O’Brien also played Riff Raff.

1 Like

And Christopher Biggins is very hurt that no one remembers him…

1 Like