A Porsche 911 Turbo S handily defeats a Shelby GT500 Mustang

Originally published at: A Porsche 911 Turbo S handily defeats a Shelby GT500 Mustang | Boing Boing

1 Like

And the reaction time by the 911 is noticeably slower, too.

2 Likes

Yeah, that driver missed the flag by a bit.

1 Like

What is this? A video for ants? At least it was landscape, I guess.

20 Likes

Bandimere hosts street days regularly throughout the summer where anybody who wants to run can test their skills.

It’s a fun time where you can watch funny cars, top fuel dragsters and normal daily drivers race each other for bragging rights.

Too bad Bandimere owners are a bunch of anti-vaxx dickwads.

4 Likes

This isn’t even what Porsches are supposed to be good at. American muscle cars are all about going fast in a straight line. European sports cars are for going fast around curves

8 Likes

ca._greta_thunberg_gettyimages-1192856196

15 Likes

Corolla vs. minivan (standard off the lot, not modded), who will earn the right to brag, and who will have to live with the humiliation? And will they both get to the finish line before dinner?

2 Likes

Who the heck makes curved roads? Did someone build a neighborhood in the way? No problem, straight road through it.

1 Like

Bandimere Speedway is a gem and a longstanding regret of mine that of the seven years I spent in Golden I went to the NHRA event exactly never. I hope we get the chance before it’s inevitably closed in the spirit of real estate.

(clearly I know nothing about a modern Turbo S) The older/aircooled 911-ish owners, me included, typically roll off slow then hammer it. 4krpm clutch drops hook up great for the first few times, then I learned that they get very expensive. Or at least my SC made my wallet cry.

1 Like

I dunno, if you’re going to go in a straight line, do it like my brother does.

3 Likes

Sadly, some people still think burning hydrocarbons simply to traverse a set distance faster than someone else is an activity worth pursuing. Boring.

1 Like

Ah so you are into electric vehicle racing?

1 Like

A 2022 Honda Odyssey can go 0-60 in 6.5 seconds. That’s pretty quick if you think about it.

3 Likes

Car that costs 3 times as much as another car is faster in a race.

Wow.

2 Likes

No wonder the Mustang lost - it only has one tail light. Still, 11.89 is nothing to scoff at. Back in the day (way back, when I was lot more interesting) my '70 Mach 1 with a built Cleveland could do the quarter in 13 flat, these days it seems like just about anybody could beat that.

2 Likes

I can picture it now…

Exactly, except it was yellow …. :wink:

1 Like

It’s all boring. Hot Wheels stopped being fun a long time ago. But sure, at least electric racers can get their propulsion from a clean source.