A recursive plaque honoring the installation of a plaque honoring the installation of a plaque honoring the installation of...

Welcome to Toronto, where Toronto is so Toronto that it occasionally out Toronto’s itself. If it would spend more time actually planning development or following through on the Transit portfolio and less time creating plaques about its plaques maybe, just maybe, it wouldn’t be so f’ing Toronto.

2 Likes

See also

5 Likes

8 Likes

Alright, fellow Torontoites. Where exactly is this plaque? According to the link, it’s on Montrose Ave, just south of Christie Pits. But a casual glance at Google street view (presumably from long before the plaque was installed) suggests there’s nothing at that location resembling the background in this photo. So not much to go on. If I’m going to go in search of it, it would be nice to narrow the search area…

“The first rule of Tautology Club is the first rule of Tautology Club”. Ha! Have loved that line for years, never knew it was an XKCD punchline.

2 Likes

The ‘B’ in Benoit B. Mandelbrot stands for ‘Benoit B. Mandelbrot’.

7 Likes

The people responsible for the sacking of the people responsible for installing this plaque have been sacked.

1 Like

Yeah, according to the map it’s just to the west of the Bickford centre… but I’ve never seen it. Hmmm… next time I’m there I’ll go searching.

“A plaque upon all your houses!”

3 Likes

4 Likes

I got someone to verify that it is there… but it wasn’t heritage Toronto that erected it!

2 Likes

Cool, thanks! I’ll go take a look next time I’m out at Christie Pits. (Frankly, I would have been surprised if this was a real heritage Toronto sign).

1 Like

Well, obviously. If it had been, it would have clearly stated at the bottom, “This Heritage Toronto Plaque Was Erected by Heritage Toronto.”

That one-liner comment was totally unnecessary and recursive.

1 Like

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.