A recursive plaque honoring the installation of a plaque honoring the installation of a plaque honoring the installation of...

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/11/heritage-toronto.html

9 Likes

“On This Spot in 2018, a Plaque Was Installed.”

7 Likes

Always Read the Plaque About Reading the Plaque About Reading the Plaque.

4 Likes
8 Likes

More of a self-referential plaque than a recursive plaque. If you want an explanation, go to comment 5 for further instructions. If you are satisfied, stop reading now.

5 Likes

In this comment i express that i like this plaque.

12 Likes

A self-referential short story

This is the first sentence of this story. This is the second sentence. This is the title of this story, which is also found several times in the story itself. This sentence is questioning the intrinsic value of the first two sentences. This sentence is to inform you, in case you haven’t already realized it, that this is a self-referential story, that is, a story containing sentences that refer to their own structure and function. This is a sentence that provides an ending to the first paragraph.

And so on…(you get the idea).

4 Likes

9 out of 10 architects recommend twice daily floss as the antidote to a recursive plague of plaques.

6 Likes

2 Likes

5 Likes

Also an oldie but a goodie

Man its so weird revisiting a clip from proto-twitch

4 Likes

Also too:

5 Likes

8 Likes
3 Likes

In the village of Bourton-on-the-Water in the Cotswolds in England there is an excellent 9th scale replica model village of Bourton-on-the-Water, which contains a model village of the model village, which itself contains a model of the model.

8 Likes

Yeah, I was expecting that this plaque honored a previous plaque at that location.
Maybe in the future…

3 Likes

Reminds me of

11 Likes

For more information please reread

5 Likes

I love it. This sort of thing makes me all warm and fuzzy.

6 Likes
4 Likes