A restaurant worker told a man to wear a mask, so the man shot him with a gun, say police

It was self-defense. He was in fear of his lifestyle.

11 Likes

They mistake fear for respect, if that isn’t saying the same thing. An armed society is a polite society because no-one will risk angering someone carrying a gun.

4 Likes

Who acts this way towards people who you assume are going to handle your food? I just don’t get the absolute ignorance and entitlement.

4 Likes

Take-away; Don’t EVER go to Waffle House.

3 Likes

Perhaps he just didn’t think that far ahead.

3 Likes

A well-regulated Waffle House, being necessary for the lunch of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

16 Likes

Used to live 1/2 block away from one. Oh! The stench!!

2 Likes

May he be sent to a prison where he is only served waffles.
“Hey, can I get something else here?”
No, you were willing to kill for waffles, so that’s all you get now.

11 Likes

Safe to say few commentators here actually clicked through to the article, at least as of this point.

2 Likes

Please let us know where we misinterpreted a man shooting someone who said something he didn’t like at a Waffle House. My reading comprehension isn’t what it used to be.

So much freedom.

12 Likes

And his firearm(s) weren’t seized to prevent him being a dangerous asshole again. Only in 'Murica!

3 Likes

Things are going to be fucking nuts this summer when the weather gets hot.

2 Likes

I know it’s not likely, but I’m a strong advocate for disarming and demilitarizing police as much as practical as well, outlawing no-knocks, firing for “malfunctioning body cams,” etc.

11 Likes

Presumably, the gun-toting man was there to guard the potatoes.

6 Likes

I need my gun t̶o̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶t̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶m̶y̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶f̶a̶m̶i̶l̶y̶
to murder the guy who enforces a company policy that I find inconvenient.

4 Likes

Shit, that’s my Waffle House. Staff there is nice. Should check and see if there is a recovery goFundMe, since I am sure dude doesn’t have healthcare.

10 Likes

Yep.

After that prior, he’s definitely not a legal gun owner or a licensed CCW holder.

Sometimes a-holes are just gonna a-hole. (but ready access to a firearm does make the degree of a-hole scale up several degrees…)

3 Likes

A review of Trump’s very apparent personal disdain for having to don a mask and the example set thereby; his urgings that businesses/states “open up” (which can be interpreted in more than one way by Trump’s suggestible minions); Trump’s indifferent attitude toward gun-violence; and the well-demonstrated support given to Trump by the more aggressive elements of the gun culture, is in order.

9 Likes

I agree with the sentiment, and for example think the armed invasion of the Michigan legislature was evidence of an appalling failure of the fabric of our society, I just don’t think that failure has much to do with this particular case.

2 Likes

How am I going to eat this waffle without taking my mask off though

3 Likes