A restaurant worker told a man to wear a mask, so the man shot him with a gun, say police

“An armed society is a dangerous society.”

6 Likes

Living on an island that is often in the path of destructive tropicals and hurricanes, the only use I have for our local Waffle House is for the impact forecast they represent: if WH is open for business, ride it out. If WH is closed during hurricane threat, GTFO THE ISLAND!!!
apparently, this is a notable index:

7 Likes

Ah, but for the flip side of humanity, check out the incredibly racist comments to the article in question:

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 4.27.14 PM

How do you figure, new comrade?

That’s just business as usual in the good ol’ US of A; the racism is baked in.

9 Likes

Only that I visited the article for the same reason that most everyone else did, i.e, “What the hell is wrong with this guy?”, only to get to the comments and have my faith in humanity plummet even further.

I’m most surprised by how brazenly racist the comments are. They don’t even seem anonymous.

5 Likes

Welcome to what POC have always known; the only difference now is that TPTB no longer care enough to even feign at maintaining a facade…

11 Likes

Here where I live in Germany masks are mandatory in restaurants unless you’re actually sitting at a table (i.e., come in wearing a mask and be seated; you want to go to the bathroom, on with the mask). We have our share of anti-SARS-CoV-2-countermeasures protesters but so far they don’t go about shooting restaurant workers.

Instead they prefer to go on demonstrations to protest that their basic rights are being trampled upon because the government is purportedly curtailing their right to go on demonstrations to protest that their basic rights are being trampled upon. This being Germany, such demonstrations are properly applied for by the protesters and duly approved by the government, and the police takes care that everyone at the demonstration is social-distancing properly.

6 Likes

There are other effective means of self-defense. A gun is designed for killing people, not for self-defense.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.