A right-wing Dem Senator who voted to sell weapons to Saudi is being primaried by an environmental activist

Always look at the committee assignments. Plain voting can do a lot of damage, but the assignments can give all kinds of adds and multipliers. Plus, you can make a rough calculation for how much in donations he has to route to the party each year to get and keep those committee seats.

Committee assignments

Committee on Armed Services
    Subcommittee on Airland (Ranking Member)
    Subcommittee on Emerging Threats and Capabilities
    Subcommittee on Strategic Forces
Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
    Subcommittee on Energy
    Subcommittee on National Parks
    Subcommittee on Water and Power
Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation
Senate Veterans Affairs Committee
2 Likes

That article is silly because it views “winning” as a factor in the current state of politics when the GOP has been so obsessed with a win that they can’t figure out how to do… well anything but blame Democrats for obstructing their mandate when they hold something like 2/3 of the entire US’ political capital at all levels.

I want Manchin to hold his position as much as I want Clarke to remain sheriff - you know, the unopposed Democrat that campaigned for Trump.

2 Likes

A few weeks ago there was a telephone robopoll in my area about various Democratic possibilities for Governor. It used “Democrat” as an adjective, so I assumed at first it was run by the GOP (which basically doesn’t exist here) or a newspaper, but other than the misuse it really seemed to be by a Democratic candidate or by the party. I contacted the head of the local party, she said I was not the first person asking about it, and she did not know who was behind the poll. If I ever find out, and it was a candidate, I will donate to their primary opponent.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I have the same definition of this word as yours.

Sadly, it’s beginning to slip into the lexicon and even Democrats are using it, probably without knowing it’s a slur.

Edit: And also progressives who refuse to affiliate themselves with the Democratic Party knowingly use it as a slur.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.