A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

Yeah, yeah, he’s running for office but, it’s SWEET to hear from a republican.

12 Likes
8 Likes

16 Likes

Greta Thunder-berg! Seriously, I heard her speech. Angry, sad and heartbreaking. Meanwhile, half of our pols continue to insist climate change is not a thing, or if it is, it’s no biggie, and if it is, it’s too late to do anything, so just party on. We do what we can as individuals, but governments will need to take action to make any progress at all.

14 Likes

I mean, the dam should already be in an uncountable number of infinitesimally small pieces at this point, but I’ll take whatever we can get.

11 Likes
17 Likes

That is a stare that ought to leave a physical mark. Unfortunately, she is counting on her audience having a sense of shame. Il Douche is congenitally incapable of that emotion. Don’t blame him, his father had the same deficiency. A very very small deficiency. Not a large thing at all.

15 Likes

He’s merely the cancerous symptom, and though right now it seems to be taking forever, he will be dead soon enough.

I think there’s still some folks out there who can be shamed by the fact that this young woman is more of a responsible socially conscious human being who adds actual value to the world at 16 years old than they are, or will ever be.

14 Likes

My only disagreement is with your use of “soon enough.” I very much fear it will not, in fact, be soon enough. For any of us.

5 Likes

Time being relative, of course; I was thinking of the duration of the next generation’s life expectancy.

I agree that if 45 had finally dropped dead yesterday, it still wouldn’t be nearly ‘soon enough’ for my personal tastes.

11 Likes

tragically, the conservative talking point is that greta thunberg is a disabled child with asperger’s who is being manipulated by liberal fascists to dupe the gullible into believing in the “climate change” fairy story. i’m already seeing those memes on my “fox news” relative’s facebook pages.

except for dinesh d’souza who left out the middle step and just compared thunberg’s picture to a nazi propaganda poster with a pigtailed german girl directly.

11 Likes

i’ve recently started rereading “les miserables” and just this morning i’ve come across a passage i feel has resonance with thunberg’s crusade–

tomorrow performs its work irresistibly and it does it from today, it accomplishes its aim through unexpected means.

9 Likes

Things seem to be escalating quickly today. fingers crossed. knock on wood etc etc: https://twitter.com/howardfineman/status/1176539782861729792?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

4 Likes

Nancy finally grew a spine?

Yet she still seems smarter and more eloquent than many of them ever have or will.

And her having Aspergers isn’t a drawback for me, personally; to me, it means that she’ll automatically cut through all the sycophancy and false civility, and stick to her message, because that’s how her brain is wired.

She calls it her ‘superpower’ and I tend to agree.

15 Likes

Now, if only a meteor would fall on Mitch’s house…

7 Likes

I hope so.

5 Likes

Me too.

5 Likes

I am ok with the coined term “Morongate” as seen in that thread.

Fitting. Works well for the history books.

eta: Pelosi will make a statement on her position on impeachment at 5 p.m., her spokesman said.

5 Likes

trump releases one phone call transcript and Schiff goes oh yeah! well, let’s hear the rest of it…

6 Likes

yeah you really believe it was just one call? what about those trips Giuliani made that he admitted to!?

edit: Giuliani cancelled a trip to Ukraine, but made one to meet with an adviser to the Ukrainian president in Spain after the alleged phone call.

4 Likes