Another Round Up of Resistance to Trump

Continuing the discussion from A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1).

Previous discussions:

6 Likes

And those who comprise a likely effective resistance to Trump’s current coup attempt are . . . ? :thinking:

6 Likes

Great first comment for a thread that’s dedicated to being positive about fighting back, yo.

4 Likes

You read that as cynical?

It’s an honest question. I could use some hope right now.

(Maybe ask next time?)

4 Likes

Honestly?

I did.

None of the fuckery that lame duck is trying right now should be coming as a surprise to anyone who has been paying attention; this is exactly on par for the orange asshole, and exactly how most people predicted he would react if he lost.

I’m too exhausted to keep fucking playing the cheerleader nonstop, when so many people seem to be actively looking for the next impending disaster, as if they are disappointed that the last one we just narrowly avoided didn’t end as badly as it possibly could have.

I, of all people, am well aware that the war is not “won,” just a battle; and that the hard work is only beginning anew:

Frankly, I just am so over every fucking Eeyore-Debbie Downer-Schleprock rando attempting to sow even more anxiety and malaise and I almost feel like screaming Nix’s soliloquy at them sometimes:

“So, you dwell on this terrible future. You resign yourselves to it, for one reason… because that future does not ask anything of you, today.”

Sorry to have painted you with that same broad brush…

10 Likes

Truthfully, while I fully expect Toadstool and company to flail in noise and impotent fury while they do whatever damage those incompetent fucks can for the next 71 days even while his closest enablers cover their asses to avoid any future lawsuits or prosecutions, I already sense that Yertle the Turtle and company are preparing to jump ship. I could be wrong. It’s only a feeling. But I strongly suspect Trump will only humiliate himself more between now and January 20th.

And now, just because I enjoy watching it…

[credit to @dommerdoodle for video link]

12 Likes

Thanks for saying that.

Seems to me we’re on the same page, but just express ourselves differently.

As I posted in another thread (even though it’s not Resistance to Trump) –

24 Likes

I hope you aren’t, but so far Congressional Republicans, including and especially Yertle, have been stalwartly in his court. I have a feeling this is going to be a long and protracted fight.

But I’m not out of hope that we can win it.

9 Likes
12 Likes

Hopefully, the more awful and embarrassing he is, the more it hurts the GOP in Georgia.

6 Likes

Let’s start with the 75 million who voted against him and just subtract from there, because not everyone is able to take action. But let’s look at all the amazing BLM demonstrations, the Women’s Marches, and take hope from those.
If this past 4 years have shown us anything, it’s what we get with complacency, and I think that has motivated a lot of regular folks to get active.
We got this. We will not let this go down on our watch. Keep the faith.

7 Likes
8 Likes

twWXDCz

16 Likes
14 Likes

Good for them! I also hope they stay safe.

10 Likes

Just on Ari Melbar’s show - Michael Cohen mentioned that when he was in prison - Rosie O’Donnell visited him. They bonded and had a correspondence & she was beloved by the other inmates.

After all the Trump org did to her - incredibly classy. And never mentioned it.

9 Likes

With the caution that the Republicans will be doing everything to close this path around voter suppression.

11 Likes
10 Likes

Trump CFO’s Family Tax Records Reviewed by New York Authorities

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-12/trump-cfo-s-family-tax-records-reviewed-by-n-y-authorities?srnd=premium&sref=KQPtNSUL

“The office of Attorney General Letitia James is reviewing tax records associated with a son and ex-daughter-in-law of Chief Financial Officer Allen Weisselberg, according to a person familiar with the matter. James’s office is conducting a civil investigation into whether the Trump Organization falsely reported property values to secure loans or tax benefits, she has said.”

10 Likes
19 Likes