A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

Winslow can give the Lincoln Project a run for their money.

9 Likes

He still has not expressed ANY plans for the next four years.

(Yeah, we know what he will do.)

7 Likes
11 Likes
14 Likes

A search didn’t find any hits of this on BB. I’m sure it’s there, but it’s worth repeating.

6 Likes

I know nothing about this guy, other than he seems to represent another familial power dynasty, but replacing a Russian asset supporting another Russian asset seems like at least stepwise improvement?

10 Likes

Boycotts work

13 Likes

Good.

My local grocery store doesn’t carry Goya anyway, but I’m glad they’ve suffered losses.

11 Likes

:+1:

Apparently posted by the postal workers union.

21 Likes

The Supreme Court just handed a defeat to the Republican Party, rejecting the GOP’s effort to make it harder for voters to cast absentee ballots in Rhode Island. Only three justices publicly dissented in Republican National Committee v. Common Cause Rhode Island Justices Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito, and Neil Gorsuch.

A win for the good guys!

16 Likes

The first release of my DarkLantern tiddlywiki is done. It’s a portable wiki in an HTML file of articles, people, and organizations on the far right.

You can either open it in the browser or save it a local copy and open that. I used Firefox, and I’ve tested it a bit in Chrome.

DarkLantern.html (13M)

There’s more work to be done on converting Wikipedia templates to Tiddlywiki, and automating the build process, but here we go. (There might be an Easter egg or two.)

7 Likes

15 Likes

:joy: :rofl:

18 Likes

HELL-YEAH

9 Likes

As the election draws nearer, some might find this field guide from 2017 useful…

Call him everything but his name.

Now comes the REALLY fun part. We’ve started doing this but we need to get really intentional about it. This might be the last time I actually type Donald Trump because henceforth, he must not be given the honor of being called his birth name. We must come together in impertinence and call this dimwit the monikers that really fit him.

I have made note of all the names I’ve heard folks call him across the internet and made us a list to refer back to. I am only taking credit for the first 2. The others? Found and dreamed of by the great minds across Twitter, Facebook and more.

Squirrelwig McRacistPants. Cheeto Satan. Coral Babyhands. Fanta Fascist. Dreamsicle Demon. Orange Menace. El Hombre de Tang. Marmalade Mussolini. Orange Anusmouth. Don the Con. Hair Gropenfuhrer. Sunkist Stalin. Habañero Hitler. Mandarin Orange Mugabe. The Orange Peel. Trumplethinskin. Orange is the new Splat. Tangerine Nutsack. Angry Creamsicle. Human-toupee hybrid. Agent Orange. Fuckface von Clownstick. Cheetolini. The Orange Shitweasel. President Tang. Persimmon Toddler. Kim Jong Orange. Pantone Beelzebub. Hair Gropenfuhrer. Minute Maid Mao. Clueless Orange Julius. Papaya Batista. Sweet Potato Saddam. Doorknob Trundlefuck. Tropicana Mussolini. Mangled Apricot Hellbeast. Twitler. Pumpkin Pinochet. Cheeze Wiz. Lemonhead Elect. Peach Nehi President. Trump Brulée. Short Fingered Vulgarian. Orange Foolius. Pumpkin Spice Satan. Tang Tyrant. Mandarin Manchurian Candidate. Sunburned Stalin. Babyhands McCheetodick. Cheeto-in-Chief. Salmon Voldemort. Candy Corn Kremlin. The Nacho Nazi. Toupée Fiasco. PEEOTUS.

15 Likes

Let the fun begin!!

16 Likes

I need to rethink my hosting. Downloading the file won’t work for phones, which are rightfully skittish about that, so the server needs to provide it as a web file. After pondering, I realized that Google had removed that feature from GoogleDrive in 2017, thanks Google.

Google’s other offerings might work, but have way too many hoops for just one standalone file. Possibly Github.

Meanwhile, I’ve put it up at:

https://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/DarkLantern.html

Which down a skinny slow pipe to a Raspberry Pi. so that’s temporary.

1 Like

17 Likes

21 Likes

Okay, moved to github. So far, so good.

The ux on my Android phone isn’t too bad. Some things could be faster, but not bad. I keep wanting to flick individual tiddlers off the screen rather than closing them. Some tiddlers have too many tag buttons, but that’s not my fault!

The opening tiddler does have far too much stuff. I’ll think of how to reduce it without a complicated hierarchy to navigate.

ETA: You can get a URL permaview snapshot of the currently open tiddlers if you want highlight certain things for posting/sending to people. (No, it’s not going to OneBox.)

https://trashpanda-x.github.io/darklantern/#‘Dark%20Money%2C’%20by%20Jane%20Mayer%20-%202016-01-19:[[‘Dark%20Money%2C’%20by%20Jane%20Mayer%20-%202016-01-19]]%20[[Ludwig%20von%20Mises]]%20[[Friedrich%20Hayek]]

6 Likes