A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

Technically, the actual quote is “The west will never, ever be broken. Our values will prevail. Our people will thrive and our civilization will triumph.”

3 Likes

Bannon, probably.

The far right has always had substantial support in Poland, and their government was taken over (with some help from Russia) by right wing authoritarians in 2015.

6 Likes

FOX: “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriarchs and tyrannosaurus.”

4 Likes

Did he previously use “God bless” that much? (Ever?)

2 Likes

Western civilization is ALWAYS in peril, if you listen to some on the Right. What better way to get people to send them money, or act a certain way, than to tell them if they don’t, some great calamity will befall, not only them, but everyone they love? Would you want that on your head?

4 Likes

Didn’t you hear? White men are an endangered species.

5 Likes

In Putinian Russia, America hear voice of you.

And Trump doesn’t know what to feel…

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/kevinescent/status/883005724510605312

11 Likes

To top it off, I’m reading that those crowds were bused in for his speech.

5 Likes

“N- no- don- ohhhh…”

13 Likes

I wonder how close his excuse would be to “if it didn’t dress that way…”

I am not sure if this is mild irony or stereotypical US-American optimism:

Mr. Trump and Ms. Merkel — estranged by widely diverging temperaments, worldviews, leadership styles and visions of Europe — had a breakthrough of sorts just before their brief meeting on the eve of the Group of 20 conference in Hamburg on Thursday night. They got the handshake right.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/world/europe/merkel-trump-group-of-20-hamburg-summit.html

3 Likes
14 Likes

From the headline and lede, I’d say more like vaguely cynical best-we-can-hope-for-ism.

That would be the wall that they didn’t discuss at the meeting.

5 Likes

He’s on autopilot. Has been since 2015.

2 Likes

Dueling accounts of Trump /Putin meeting:

I don’t believe el Trumpo’s version at all and the Russian version, well, is more plausible (gulp).

“Sergei Lavrov said (link in Russian) “president Trump said he heard president Putin’s clear statement that this is not true and that the Russian leadership didn’t interfere, and he accepts these statements.” What’s more, Lavrov said that either Trump or Tillerson (he couldn’t remember) said the “campaign” about Russia’s alleged interference has taken on “a strange nature.””

3 Likes

Youtube channel dedicated to historical re-enactment inundated with complaints when they do an episode on 18th century dessert called “Orange Fool.”

Episode in question

Many of the comments were removed.

11 Likes

He really does have a great channel, and he wasn’t making a political reference. But I laughed.

4 Likes