A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

ACLU lawsuit, lower court injunction, and DOJ appeal to the Supreme Court in 3,2,1ā€¦

Canā€™t wait to see the game of twister played by Thomas, Souter, Gorsuch, and Kavanaugh in order to uphold this abomination. If it passes muster, expect the remainder of the constitution to disappear in short order.

ETA- forgot Souter left. Was never sure quite where he stood on anything, but thatā€™s my fault for not paying attention.

3 Likes

Letā€™s do full dictatorship then and make this retrospective. While at it, please retrospective back to Drumpfā€™s immigration.

1 Like

When the Republicans control all the branches of government, thereā€™s no need for an open full dictatorship. Letā€™s see what happens in November.

1 Like

Hereā€™s your daily dose of Shep Smith trying to talk some sense into Fox News viewers

Also, knowing Trumpā€™s history iā€™m surprised he didnā€™t play Blurred Lines instead

5 Likes
3 Likes

Pharrell knows he can sue over that, right? Springsteen, among others, sent C&Ds asking political candidates not to play their musicā€¦

2 Likes

Oh, he knows

5 Likes
5 Likes

ā€œā€¦unnamed woman in a recent email to multiple journalists wrote that GOP activist named Jack Burkman asked her ā€œto make accusations of sexual misconduct and workplace harassment against Robert Muellerā€ in exchange for the money. "

5 Likes

The special counselā€™s office confirmed that the scheme was brought to its attention by several journalists who were told about it by a woman alleging that she herself had been offered roughly $20,000 by a man claiming to work for a GOP activist named Jack Burkman ā€œto make accusations of sexual misconduct and workplace harassment against Robert Mueller.ā€ The woman told journalists in an email, a copy of which I obtained, that she had worked for Mueller as a paralegal at the Pillsbury, Madison, and Sutro law firm in 1974, but that she ā€œdidnā€™t seeā€ him much. ā€œWhen I did see him, he was always very polite to me, and was never inappropriate,ā€ the woman wrote. The firm has not returned a request for comment about whether the woman actually worked there.

5 Likes

This Burkman guy sells coconuts.

8 Likes

Yup. Either heā€™s a lone nutman, or heā€™s the perfect cutout to launch a deniable attack.

3 Likes

Given that the 14th Amendment clearly and plainly defines birthright citizenship, wouldnā€™t a Trump EO thatā€™s directly in conflict with this basically be a direct violation of his oath to uphold the Constitution?

6 Likes

Iā€™m sort of out of it today and I honestly canā€™t begin to speculate about this. The topic went up on the main board after I posted here and there are some commenters in that thread that are a lot more knowledgeable than I. Would be interesting to see that question parsed.

2 Likes

Jacob Wohl is the guy claiming to be calling the press conference, and who claimed yesterday that an ā€œexplosiveā€ Mueller story was coming.

3 Likes

Jesus fucking Christ. Never heard of a shell corporation? :rofl:

10 Likes
6 Likes

The sad thing is even though I know that article is satire, I still need to pause and think about it for a moment. I hate this world right now.

6 Likes

Or at least how to steal a photo?

4 Likes